The new home of the GIT-repository can be found at
For issues please use the bugtracker on
Since the migration of SVN to GIT the workflow and the setup has become troublesome on typo3.org while github is easy to use. For this reason I moved the repository from typo3.org to github.
- Major Feature #73635: Raise compatibility to PHP 7
- Bug #76630: Cookie protection only working after page refresh
- Bug #76650: First rating won't show up after AJAX response
- Task #76597: Check for impact of "Deprecation: #65790 - Remove pages.storage_pid and logic"
- Please check your configuration after upgrade!
- The constant plugin.tx_thrating.settings.feUserStoragePid will be removed and replaced by the value of plugin.tx_felogin.storagePid
- New setting ''plugin.tx_felogin.storagePid'' is now required
- Clear cache after installation/upgrade
- Task #76601: Check for impact of "Feature: #68700 - Autoload definition can be provided in ext_emconf.php"
The Repository has been moved to Github.
This new version also comes with new features. The most prominent one is the new backend module. In fact External Import now comes with its own main module, since it wasn't possible to keep it under the "User Tools" module. This was the opportunity to actually rewrite the whole module. It is now based on Extbase and has dropped usage of ExtJS. Hopefully this will make it more future proof.
A logging feature was added, to be able to track when imports are taking place and their result. A backend module is provided to view and filter the logs. This was a somewhat last minute addition to the current release. It is functional but could probably be improved a bit.
Another new feature is the configuration validator. It will check known configuration errors, like a missing mandatory property or mismatched properties. All in all it can catch about 15 configuration errors and report about them in the detail view of the backend module. The configuration validator is also called before any import. If an error is detected, the import will be aborted.
Under the hood, a lot has changed: all classes were moved to namespaces, some properties have been renamed. Please make sure to read the section about upgrading in the manual (https://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/external_import/3.0.0/Installation/Index.html#installation-upgrade-300). Also the language files were all moved to stick to a clean file structure. Unfortunately this means that existing translations on translation.typo3.org are lost.
The External Import Tutorial (extension key: externalimport_tut) has been updated accordingly (and released as version 2.0.0).
TocToc Comments - AJAX Social Network Components: toctoc_comments 9.1.0 with reactions-ratings (emoLikes)
toctoc_comments 9.1.0 rating component includes new emoLikes (reactions like on Facebook), new ViewHelpers for news working on TYPO3 7 and newer and an important update for the Facebook-login
Find the newsarticle on version 9.1.0 here on our website:
Source on Github: https://github.com/giselew/toctoc_comments
- Old CSS and theme.txt and boxmodel.txt based-CSS modifications will be entirely dropped as I did announce last summer.
All CSS of the frontend is in the LESS-model (CSS is generated automatically from LESS by toctoc_comments).
LESS is available since version 8.0.0.
- Caching will be extended by a cache on the database.
It will speed up a little the normal plugin mode, it will speed up heavily reports on the data such as recent comments or top ratings.
It will reduce the amount of data exchange with the client quite drastically - all the long encoded strings you find in the HTML-source will be replaced.
- Bug #76591: Compatibility fix for TYPO3 7.6
- Bug #75951: Core: Error handler (BE): PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ..../th_rating/Classes/Service/TCALabelUserFuncService.php line 168
- Suggestion #76593: Add cookieLifetime to global constant settings
- Bug #76592: Cookieprotection not working when configured in plugin.tx_thrating.ratings
- Bug #76605: Invalid HTML generated nesting of DIV whithin UL-tag
- Task #76602: TYPO3 7.6 Deprecation: #69822 - Deprecate TCA settings of select fields
The TypoScript Syntax and In-Depth Study reference is up to date again.
Apart from updating the screenshots, I have also performed some extensive editorial work to improve the texts, with the aim of making them as much as possible clearer and more concise.
I have also strongly restructured some chapters to make the organisation of the manual more logical. There were several redundancies (like multiple places explaining the difference between TypoScript Templates and User/Pages TSconfig). One chapter was meant to dig into the topic in more details, but contained information which was better placed in other chapter for more consistent reading experience.
I removed some obsolete stuff from the chapter about the TypoScript parser API. It really would have deserved a complete rewrite, because the example looks really quaint and the part about custom condition, while still valid, is not quite up to par with best practices from TYPO3 CMS 7+, but time was running out for me on that milestone in my budget. I may come back to it at a later point.
The Templating Tutorial (Basics) is now up to date again.
More than refreshed, it was really refactored. This tutorial was accompanied by files delivered via the extension called "doc_tut_templating". I have now made this extension into a distribution, which makes it possible to deliver not only the files but also a basic page tree with a few content elements. This greatly simplifies the early steps of the tutorial, which were redundant with the Editors Tutorial.
I have reworked a lot of the content, which was quite verbose. It is now often shorter and more to the point. I removed the chapter about "optionSplit", which was confusing, and referred readers to the TypoScript Reference instead.
This ended up being a lot of work and this time I used all the time I had planned in this budget milestone.
I am pleased to report that I have finished updating the TypoScript in 45 Minutes Tutorial for TYPO3 CMS 7 LTS.
Actually this was much more than an update. I have rewritten a sizeable part of the manual to improve the quality of the language used, simplify some explanations and throw out some excessively technical and confusing insights into more advanced topics.
I also added a bit of material, in particular a presentation of the TypoScript function "getText", as I consider it to be quite fundamental in the every day usage of TypoScript.
All in all this took longer than for the other tutorials I already worked on, but I still finished my work in less time than expected, thus continuing on a pretty good track.
This corresponds to Milestone 3 of my budget application (see https://forge.typo3.org/boards/31/topics/784).
What's new in Powermail 3.0?¶
- General update for TYPO3 7.6 and 8.x
- Table name correction from plural to singular (..mails => ..mail, ..fields => ..field)
- Updated ext_tables.sql
- Converter script to convert old tablenames to new tablenames
- Automaticly on extension installation
- Start manually from extension manager
- Add bootstrap
- Add static template to add bootstrap classes to forms and fields
- Add constant to load bootstrap.css from powermail folder
- Update Layouts, Templates, Partials (Pi1 and Pi2)
- Update modules with new markup
- PluginInformation refactoring
- Remove old form converter (converted 1.x to 2.x forms)
- Remove unneeded overview actions
- Enable table garbage collector scheduler tasks per default
- Add DataProcessors to change mail object before it's persisted or used in mails
- Own spamshield methods could be registered via TypoScript now
- Refactoring of upload function
- Add signals to ValidationDataAttributeViewHelper, PrefillFieldViewHelper and PrefillMultiFieldViewHelper
- Remove outdated parts of code (PHP, Templates)
- Some code cleanup
- Manual update
Also available in: Atom