Kickoff for phase II: Road to LTS
After successfully creating and shipping a new Logging API, the next milestone for the logging project needs to be tackled. Here we go!
With the release of TYPO3 CMS 6.0 the new Logging API is now part of the core. Although a great milestone has been reached, the project is not yet finished.What me miss so far:
- The BE log module does not yet show log records from the new API.
- The Logging API is not used anywhere in the core.
- Replace & deprecate the old log functions and calls in the core.
- Decouple sys_log from sys_history
- Enhance the usability of the BE log module and provide a migration path for log records from the old sys_log.
- gather a team of contributors to get things done,
- create goals, stories, feature outlines, scenarios, tasks or whatever kind of meta stuff which helps us to focus on our goals,
- get in contact with the community and the core/release team to get support,
- organize some code sprints (which was a success story for the last milestone),
- let it rock and put our hands on the code!