Version 5.5 for data protection.
Version 5.5 of commenting- and rating extension toctoc_comments is available for download on TYPO3 Extension Repository.
The new version introduces a list of features for data protection.
I recommend updating to version 5.5.
I recommend updating to version 5.5, because with this version legal requirements for data protection have been implemented:
- In the backend module users data can be deleted completely from the database
- A disclaimer popup informs on data protection quality.
On the popup a page with an own policy can be linked, as well as the software policy for toctoc_comments by TocToc Internetmanagement
- Storage of personified data on PC (cookies) requires the users permission.
Cookies are stored in a coded, unreadable format.
- Also in the disclaimer popup you can see and delete possible cookies.
- Accept Terms and Conditions before submitting comments is now available
- Protection for indexing by search engines for comments
The complete news on version 5.5 in the news on toctoc.ch [[https://www.toctoc.ch/news_details_typo3+M52feb6cf0b0.html]]
More information on the backend module [[https://www.toctoc.ch/toctoc_comments_backend+M5d637b1e38d.html]]
Data protection disclaimer for toctoc_comments [[https://www.toctoc.ch/toctoc_comments_dataprotection+M5d637b1e38d.html]