Resize images automatically 1.5.0¶
This document contains information about EXT:image_autoresize version 1.5.0 which was released on 16th March 2014.
This version is a feature release.
It is now tightly integrated with TYPO3 6.2 LTS as it uses a signal instead of a hook to resize and/or convert uploaded images. This allows the image to be processed prior to any FAL indexing and the file is actually stored within your website.
Simple usage analysis has been added and is shown at the top of the configuration module:
(privacy: the Twitter button does not send any information until you use it, usage is stored in
This extension is now compatible with usage in Frontend. If an extension provides a way to upload files and does it properly with TYPO3 API (*), images may be automatically processed, as when uploading them in Backend.
(*) Example of correct implementation of the Frontend upload: https://gist.github.com/xperseguers/9076406
Tight integration with TYPO3 6.2 LTS.
Transparently available for Frontend upload (if done properly).
Details on http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-image_autoresize/wiki/IMAGE_AUTORESIZE_150
Here is a list of what was fixed since 1.4.0:
- [TASK] Raise version to 1.5.0
- [TASK] #56896: Move configuration to EM in TYPO3 6.2
- [BUGFIX] Misplacement of the save icon in TYPO3 6.2
- [TASK] #56747: Enhance usage with Twitter button
- [FEATURE] #54551: Statistics of usage
- [TASK] Better description wording for higher search ranking
- [TASK] #56616: Do not implement DAM hook in TYPO3 6.x
- [TASK] #56593: Use signal/slot instead of hook in 6.2
- [FEATURE] #54672: Signal/Slot in ImageResizer before reindexing
- [TASK] Enhance description for better search results in TER
- [BUGFIX] xdebug_break() found in code
- [BUGFIX] #56090: Cannot localize message when uploading in Frontend
- [TASK] Change XLIFF to version 1.2
- [TASK] Streamline namespaces "use"
- [TASK] Enhance code according to Sonar rules
- [BUGFIX] #54633: Possible PHP warning with AdditionalConfiguration.php
- [TASK] #54558, #54559: Add docheader to extension module
- [TASK] Code cleanup according to metrics.typo3.org