Here is a small guide for Roles 2 alpha.
This extension is currently under development. Also it currently only intended for non-admins.
The extension isn't released, but you can mail me if you want to try it out.
1-Guide) For non-admin backend users to be able to use the extension you'll have to do a few things:
- Create one or more be-groups which has specific functions and gives specific rights (news-editor rights and different webmounts etc).
- Mark the checkbox 'Is Role?'(Extended part of be-group record).
- Make a be-user member of one or more roles.
- Try to login the new user. Now you should have the roles menu in the top of the backend.
- Also try to add a shortcut. When you do that it will appear under the role which was active when created it. The smart thing is that when you click at this shortcut, it will both change to this role and switch to the shortcut.
- The page tree doesn't refresh when activating a role. Currently you'll have to do this manually.
- The Role menu makes strange hickups when clicking a role - but should work.
- ... if you find more - please use the bug tracker.