Roles 2 Wiki Page¶Problems/bugs:
- 4.2 refresh of nav_frame and list_frame. (Steffen Kamper on this)
- Roles menu jumping sideways, when deactivating current role (because that the title of the current role will disappear). This happens again when you activate a role.
- If you made a shortcut to page, which you later on will no longer have access to, the shortcut will still be visible in the menu. Though you will still not have access to the page of course. Here the normal ShortcutMenu would not display the shortcut. As I see it, it's not easily possible to do this in the roles extension. I don't think this is a very big problem though.
- Better Icon - With Roles 1 I used the man with the hat. Didn't look that great. Now I just took the switchuser icon. Need something else.
- Maybe the deactive role part of the menu should be different. No folder icon infront, and maybe another icon instead (exit role icon?). Also I was thinking about that there could be an 'select all roles' icon as well?
- Fe-editing problems? Here it would not be very intuitive that you should switch roles, each time you go to edit another part of the site. So I'm thinking that it should just activate all roles when in fe-editing mode. I had this functionality in Roles 1 (all roles activated), but left it out in Roles 2. I think it would be easy to implement in the role menu again.
- Other compability problems (don't know what - versioning maybe...?)?
General review of code - including security review:
I have been struggling to get this extension working okay, so my focus hasn't been much on code quality/security. I don't think that the code has core quality right now. Also I actually merged my old Roles 1 code with the new ShortcutMenu code. I did a clean up in the code, but there still might be strange things in there - things which could be done much better.
Also I don't have much more time to work on it now - there are other projects that I have to work on.