What does it do¶
Apache Solr for TYPO3 is the search engine you were looking for with special features such as Facetted Search or Synonym Support and an incredibly fast response times of results within milliseconds.
When development started, the primary goal was to create a replacement for Indexed Search. With the initial public release at T3CON09 in Frankfurt, Germany that goal was reached and even passed by adding features which Indexed Search does not support.
The extension is developed in a way so that public versions are released to TER from time to time. Early access to the development version with more features can be gained through a paid development partnership. You may check http://www.typo3-solr.com for more details.
This manual covers all features available in the development version, some of them may not be available in the versions released to TER. Features which are only available in the development version are marked.
- Facetted Search
- Spellchecking / Did you mean
- Multi Language Support
- Search word highlighting
- Field Boosting for fine tuning the importance of certain index fields
- Frontend User Group Access Restrictions Support
- Stopword Support
- Synonym Support
- Autocomplete / Autosuggest
- Language Analysis / Support for inflected word forms
- Content Elevation / Paid Search Results / Editorial Content
- Sorting of Results
- Content indexing through the frontend or a near instant backend Indexing Queue
- and more...