- Sphinx Python Documentation Generator and Viewer 1.3.0
Sphinx Python Documentation Generator and Viewer 1.3.0¶
This document contains information about EXT:sphinx version 1.3.0 which was released on 05.01.2014.
This version is a feature release.
Syntax highlighting, keyboad shortcuts, auto-mapping for Intersphinx.
Details on http://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-sphinx/wiki/SPHINX_130
The Ace Editor has been replaced by CodeMirror in order to support source code highlighting for reStructuredText (default) and YAML (files ending in ".yml", typically
When reading a document using the Interactive layout (requires EXT:restdoc), keyboard shortcut Ctrl+E / Cmd+E toggles to edit mode.
When editing a document, keyboard shortcuts are now available to ensure a better user experience:
- Ctrl+S / Cmd+S: Save the document
- Shift+Ctrl+S / Shift+Cmd+S: Save and close the document (thus recompile)
- Esc / Alt+W / Ctrl+W: Close the document
Automatic mapping for Intersphinx¶
It is now possible to transparently reference another document by typing a valid prefix right into the code, e.g.,
:ref:`t3cmsapi:TYPO3\\CMS\\Core\\Utility\\GeneralUtility` :ref:`t3l10n:start` :ref:`cloudflare:changelog`
While rendering the documentation, EXT:sphinx will figure out that the Intersphinx mapping is possibly missing, will try to deduce the Intersphinx mapping and automatically and silently recompile your documentation to fix the error for you.
Important: remember to always stick to the official conventions (using an official document prefix or an extension key) while using Intersphinx.
Here is a list of what was fixed since 1.2.2:
- [TASK] Raise version to 1.3.0
- [BUGFIX] PHP warning while copying symbolic link
- [BUGFIX] #54739: Sphinx breaks extension "extension_uploader"
- [TASK][DOC] Document new features
- [TASK] Ctrl+E/Cmd+E to edit document, Esc to close editor
- [TASK] #54736: Automatic Intersphinx mapping (extended)
- [BUGFIX] Possible error 500
- [TASK] Copyright and version
- [FEATURE] #52347: Automatic Intersphinx mapping
- [BUGFIX] #54733: Broken unit tests
- [BUGFIX] #54732: intersphinx_mapping cannot be put after extensions
- [TASK] #52383: Show spinner overlay when rendering
- [TASK] #52436: Add common keyboard shortcut to reST editor
- [TASK] #51841: reStructuredText + YAML syntax highlighting
- [TASK] Update Ace to package 10.28.2013
- [!!!][TASK] #53689: Drop support for sphinx-doc < 1.1.3
- [TASK] More prominent warning for Jinja and Python 2.6
- [BUGFIX] #53248: Cannot render HTML with Sphinx 1.1.3
- [TASK] #53246: Sphinx 1.2 requires Python >= 2.5
- [BUGFIX] #53198: Fail to download from
- [TASK] Additional check for unavailable python
- [TASK][DOC] Sphinx is not available, other reason
- [TASK][DOC] Use figure instead of image
- [BUGFIX] Invalid LaTeX project name
- [TASK][CGL] Follow Flow best practices