Welcome to WSE Eventmanagement¶
What does it do?¶This extension was designed to fit the needs of the yearly events of the OS/2 and eComStation community. Since 2007 the planning of these events has been concentrated at the web sites www.warpstock.eu and www.warpevents.eu. Therefore the abbreviation WSE stands for WARPSTOCK EUROPE.
During setup of the site we tested many of the existing event extensions. Some of them had too many features and the others had less functionality than required. So we decided to create our own extension for the management of sessions and speaker.
If you have to plan events that have a similar structure like our events, you may also use this extension.
Here is a short description of an event:
- An event is held on 2 or 3 days at a location.
- Every location has a given count of 2-4 rooms for sessions.
- The sessions are held mostly twice, at different days.
- All sessions are organized in time slots that are of 45 minutes length for the most part.
- A session is held by one or two speakers and some speakers hold more than one session.
- front-end plug-in with list view and detailed single view of event data like speaker and sessions.
- managing locations, rooms, speakers, speaker attendances, categories, events, sessions, and time slots in the back-end via a back-end module.
- Support of workspaces for session and speaker records in the backend and frontend (preview)
- visual design is done using templates and CSS
- currently full German and English localization, Dutch and French are in progress
- the front-end plug-in can be configured via TypoScript and Flexforms
- the code follows the TYPO3 coding guidelines (at least it should)
- is tested to work with TYPO3 version 4.1.2 in 2007, with version 4.2.1 in 2008, with version 4.2.8 in 2009 with version 4.5.25 in 2014 (if you find any bugs, please report them in the bug tracker)
- the extension is actively developed
You can see the extension in action for example on the event page of WSE 2009
Extension and source¶
The source code can be checked out from the git repository.
The extension should be downloaded and installed like any other TYPO3 extension via the TER.
This was initially planned for the mid of 2009. Until today it was not done.
If you look at the code, hold in mind that it was the first extension I wrote for TYPO3 and it is about 7 years old.
You can download the extension from the Files page.
Until April 2014 the source, wiki, bug tracker and the extension download was hosted by Netlabs http://trac.netlabs.org/wse_events
Many thanks to Adrian Gschwend for the hosting of the OS/2 an eComStation stuff in the past.
Also thanks to Oliver Klee and the other people of the development team of the TYPO3 seminar manager extension (http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/seminars/0.5.3/), from which we got some “how to do” out of the coding.