2012-02-07 Team meeting » History » Revision 2
2020-02-07 Team meeting (slack call) - additional call¶
Attendees: Martin Bless, Sybille Peters, Daniel Siepmann
Benjamin Kott (reports about infrastructure)
Beginning of the meeting: 14:00 CET (Berlin) UTC+01:00)
1 hour planned
- How is everybody doing?
- a lot ...
Agenda - today, here¶
What do we want to talk about today?
- formatting for definition lists (reference tables with type, default, etc.) issue: https://github.com/TYPO3-Documentation/TYPO3CMS-Guide-HowToDocument/issues/57#issuecomment-508416565
* Martin: Use confval directive: https://docs.typo3.org/m/typo3/demo-t3SphinxThemeRtd/master/en-us/Directives/confval.html
(is used in documentation of sphinx project) * is currently used in surf documentation: https://docs.typo3.org/other/typo3/surf/2.0/en-us/ApiReference/Task/Test/HttpTestTask.html * important: empty line after confval * :default: and :type: have specific meaning, are * advantage: * HTML formatting automatically created * will automatically added to index * confval text role is added automatically * (previously, we had to add an additional header, this is now no longer necessary)
Leftovers from last meeting:
- see recommendations by Thomas + Stefan
- search: how to proceed * TYPO3 inc must make infrastructure available, currently not possible yet
- Docker / theme * Docker currently already running with new theme (develop) * python package currently static * very good new features, actions etc.
Suggestions so far:
March (13. - 15.) - Zürich (Server Team) (max 6 persons) Fr-So
April (20 - 22.) Combined Sprint Düsseldorf Mo-Mi
July (28. - 29.) Developer Days - Karlsruhe Di-Mi
Sep (14. - 16.) Hof (or 28 - 30) Mo-Mi
Nov (2. - 4.) Düsseldorf (after Rhein Ruhr Camp) Mo-Mi
- Doc team: roles, responsibilities, decisions: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Y65SCiyeg0wnIuOk-oXQLKa26liJe6pul0vJ83I0fiQ/edit?usp=sharing * currently not enough people
- title capitalization: https://decisions.typo3.org/t/title-capitalization-in-the-docs-revisited/562
Martin: I once came to the conclusion that the Microsoft Writing Style Guide would be best. It uses "sentence capitalization" as propose in the decision.
Plus it has much more advice and word lists. https://docs.microsoft.com/de-de/style-guide/welcome/
- Microsoft style guide
- readthedocs / Slack
- Benjamin Kott * infrastructure problem * currently no docs rendering (not possible before end of next week) * will migrate to GitHub (from bitbucket)
Left over for next meeting
- Priority tasks 2020: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14PaKXZCWqtwCc6vc_R2AKxcdv8fXQGh6rtgjA5zmAGw/edit?usp=sharing
- get docs updated (changelog) * how to handle master / when to make changes (before release / after)
- viewhelper reference Fluid: how to proceed
- system extensions not rerendered for version <= 7.6. Was intentional. Can we fix this? * https://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/fluid_styled_content/7.6/Index.html
To do or doing in real life in TYPO3 documentation:
- Martin will send Sybille some resources info about style guides, Slack channel / readthedocs
- Sybille: acknowledgments continue
- everyone: check dates for combined sprints, try to meet up for a sprint
(we may also organize our own sprint)
What we actually did in this meeting¶
The next regular meeting is planned for the 3rd Friday of the month:
Feb 21, 2020
14:00 CET (Berlin) UTC+01:00
Planned end of meeting 15:00 CET.