Documentation Team Meeting Minutes 2014-05-19¶
Martin Bless, Guido Haase, Xavier Perseguers, François Suter
- new development server (srv153.typo3.org)
- Xavier is still unable to connect => it was an error in the SSH key, solved.
- we need to figure out the structure especially for the web root
- the new server needs to serve both the rendered manuals as the production one does now, plus the Flow application.
- it's also the opportunity to define a proper web root.
- we can discuss these details via the mailing list.
- also the Flow application is not running for now
- moving the template to Twitter Bootstrap: Martin can work on it.
- "documenting the documentation" currently on hold
- we wait for the move to the new server to update what currently exists
- some updates needed for 6.2 on up to date manuals
- Guido continued work on the Getting Started tutorial, hoped for ETA 2-3 weeks
- contributing via Github:
- this still seems the best way to attract contributors
- Xavier to wrap up the discussion in the Core ML
- unless someone has a really good argument to block the move, we go ahead
- no changes for now
- Flow application (ongoing)
- Solr integration
- TER index page (done)
- documentation facet search on typo3.org
- search on docs.typo3.org
- Consolidation of tools and processes (ongoing)
- Document all our tools (ongoing)
- Rendering problem of our "t3tables", did something change recently? Was contacted by sav_jpgraph author, see: http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/sav_jpgraph/Reference/Foreach/Index.html
- this is probably due to a different rendering performed by the "sphinx" extension, and not a bug on the server.
- Martin to look at how the situation can be improved
- Martin to hold a workshop on documentation at T3DD14 (Sun June 22th 2014, 10.00-12.30)
- François to have a chat with the people from http://walkhub.net/
- Thursday, June 19, 2014, 21:00 CET