Documentation Team Meeting Minutes 2014-11-13¶
Ernesto Baschny, Martin Bless, Philipp Gampe, Xavier Perseguers, Michael Schams, Mathias Schreiber, François Suter
- Martin making progress on the new rendering process
Official manuals for TYPO3 CMS¶
- the 6.2 branch was created for most references, so work on "latest" branch is for 7
- the version number from now on is simply the major number (i.e. "7")
- the version-switching menu on docs.typo3.org should not mention "stable" and "latest" anymore, but only the versions.
- but we must keep the ability to reach a given manual with including the version number in the URL (e.g. http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/TCAReference/)
- this is the de facto stable version
- as soon as 7.0 is officially released, documentation for 7 becomes the new stable version
- this requires some changes to both the directory structure and the script generating the version-switching menu
- content from the Core (http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/core/latest/) now needs to be moved to the official dcumentation
- Christian Kuhn wants to rework it a bit to make it easier to integrate
- the existing changes at this point in time can be grouped for merging into the documentation (one pull request per change is not necessary)
- proposal for future changes:
- find a few developers with a feeling for documentation and give them commit rights on the Github projects
- Mattes to confirm the workflow for both existing and future changes
- Flow application (ongoing)
- Solr integration
- TER index page (done)
- documentation facet search on typo3.org
- search on docs.typo3.org
- Consolidation of tools and processes (ongoing)
- Document all our tools (ongoing)
- Not directly related to documentation, but translation with Pootle was mentioned:
- it's currently not possible to remove labels from localized files since they apply to all TYPO3 CMS versions, but Xavier and Christian Kuhn have come up with ideas about how to enable management of several TYPO3 CMS versions on Pootle.
- Martin will join the Education Unit Sprint in December in Kiel.
- Martin did a documentation session at T3CRR
- Knowledge of ext:sphinx should be part of the upcoming TYPO3 Developer Certification!
- Thursday, December 11, 2014, 21:00 CET