2018-09-20 Regular Team Meeting¶
Attendees: Christian Kuhn, Daniel Siepmann, Martin Bless
Beginning of the meeting: 09:00 UTC, 11:00 CEST
- How is everybody doing? …
- Server srv006.typo3.com is now being used for extension documentation rendering.
- The Json file that signals which extensions do have documentation now has a much simpler format, is recognized by the TER application https://extensions.typo.org and, most important, it is up to date.
- The - very - old rendering, know as TER-automation task bei Xavier's tools is NOT active any more. This also means, that we definitely don't need the Yaml Settings.yml any more. Use Setting.cfg instead.
- Christian has written documentation about password hashing in the core: https://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/CoreApiReference/ApiOverview/PasswordHashing/Index.html Christian will add a small "news" note to the docs.typo3.org homepage.
- Christian has updated a chapter in the TCA about some "difficult" types (... that nobody understands). Christian will add a small "news" note to the docs.typo3.org homepage.
- How do we make sure that issues and pull requests are assigned?
- Open pull requests: https://github.com/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aopen+user%3ATYPO3-Documentation+is%3Apr
- Open pull requests, stil unassigned: https://github.com/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aopen+user%3ATYPO3-Documentation+no%3Aassignee+is%3Apr
- Issues: https://github.com/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aopen+user%3ATYPO3-Documentation+is%3Aissue
- Issues for marble (as an example): https://github.com/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aopen+user%3ATYPO3-Documentation+is%3Aissue+assignee%3Amarble
- ViewHelper Reference: https://github.com/TYPO3-Documentation/T3DocTeam/issues/9
- Current state of https://jira.typo3.com/browse/DOCS-9 Bamboo Rendering (remember https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fUpm8AoTmFeSXgqTZPDZZVNlZ7S-YHJ_AbwDg7EQckk/edit?usp=sharing)
- Request from Camp Munich: Provide Guidelines to lower the barrier
- Is there something you would like to work on - and deliver something in the end! - by making use of the budget?
Martin: My plans¶
I'm back with full motivation.
- I had a long talk with Micheal Schams this week. Will try to talk to more people if possible.
- I like the idea of identifying "Schwerpunktaufgaben" (clever name wanted.) As there could be:
① How to make a good looking homepage for docs.typo3.org
② global search
③ How to provide a developers tutorial, that would make a developer choose TYPO3 and extension development instead of Symphony, for example
④ Clean the Wiki
⑤ Provide the "automated viewhelper" documention
⑥ Care about SEO related stuff: complete the robots.txt, work with the Google Webmaster tools
The documentation team's task would be: Describe and define such a task (Schwerpunktaufgabe), do a Request For Contributions to the community, find interested people, making one of them a coordinator, and have them work on a plan. That could then lead to sprint where people are physically present and - hopefully - solve the task. Daniel adds: This seems to be fully in sync with other activities in the community promoted by Oliver Hader and Benni Mack.
- I've moved my hack for the rendering chain already to srv006. So the rendering of extension manuals is done from there already, not from an external laptop any more. My plan - and bigger task is - to turn that hack into a real solution and make ALL renderings happen on that machine with the same process, so we have only one kind of rendering left for all manuals.
Discussing several small things ...
- The next regular meeting will be Thursday, October 18, 2018 11:00 CEST, 09:00 UTC. Notes for the next meeting: https://notes.typo3.org/p/T3DocTeam-2018-10-18
End of the meeting: 10:08 UTC, 12:08 CEST
The notes: https://notes.typo3.org/p/T3DocTeam-2018-09-20
Moved to Forge wiki: https://forge.typo3.org/projects/team-docteam/wiki/2018-09-20_Team_meeting
Forge overview: https://forge.typo3.org/projects/team-docteam/wiki/index