2020-01-24 Team meeting (slack call)¶
Attendees: Daniel Siepmann, Martin Bless, Sybille Peters, Benjamin Kott
Beginning of the meeting: 14:00 CET (Berlin) UTC+01:00)
- How is everybody doing?
- Benjamin Kott has very much refactored the t3SphinxThemeRtd. The pull request ist merged. With that the theme is totally independend of the ReadTheDocs theme.
That's the reason there now even is a new repository for it, created only yesterday: https://github.com/TYPO3-Documentation/sphinx_typo3_theme This will be the
future: independent of RTD, better name.
Agenda - today, here¶
What do we want to talk about today?
- Let's talk about acknowledgement. Why not start the new year with some? * Sybille: I am creating a list of contributors from the git commits. Will send you information about my progress end of this week
Postponed (to next meeting):
- Doc team: roles, responsibilities, decisions: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Y65SCiyeg0wnIuOk-oXQLKa26liJe6pul0vJ83I0fiQ/edit?usp=sharing
- Priority tasks 2020: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14PaKXZCWqtwCc6vc_R2AKxcdv8fXQGh6rtgjA5zmAGw/edit?usp=sharing
* title capitalization: https://decisions.typo3.org/t/title-capitalization-in-the-docs-revisited/562
Martin: I once came to the conclusion that the Microsoft Writing Style Guide would be best. It uses "sentence capitalization" as propose in the decision.
Plus it has many more good guidelines and a dictionary. https://docs.microsoft.com/de-de/style-guide/welcome/
- system extensions not rendered for version <= 7.6. Was intentional. Can we fix this? * https://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/fluid_styled_content/7.6/Index.html
To do or doing in real life in TYPO3 documentation:
- Martin: Is working on the Docker container. Release and deployment to server planned for next week, if everything is working together well.
Including localized manuals and the new theme.
- Sybille: Is working on preparing list of contributors for acknowledgements
What we actually did in this meeting¶
- Benjamin showed details of the work he has done on the new theme and how thing are working.
The next regular meeting is planned for the 3rd Friday of the month:
Februar 21, 2020
14:00 CET (Berlin) UTC+01:00
End of meeting 15:00 CET.