ReST migration post-processing¶
We're handling the documentation repositories on git.typo3.org (see "Documentation/TYPO3" there).
The files of all manuals can be downloaded from http://srv123.typo3.org/~mbless/git.typo3.org/Documentation/Documentation_TYPO3.tar.gz.
For more information on working with Git and Gerrit, please see: http://wiki.typo3.org/Git_Gerrit
1) clone the Git repository, which you are dealing with, on your computer. This will basically create an empty folder. Place yourself inside this folder
2) install the post-commit hook for Gerrit:
scp -p -P 29418 <username>@review.typo3.org:hooks/commit-msg .git/hooks/
where "<username>" is your typo3.org username
3) navigate to the according folder from the tar-archive and get the file ".gitignore" and the subfolder "Documentation" with all files in it from the corresponding folder. Place them in the empty folder
4) remove the file "Documentation/.gitignore" (if present).
5) edit the file Documentation/Index.rst. Directly above the line ".. toctree::" (near the bottom of the file) add the line "**Table of Contents**" (without the "", but with the **).
6) adjust the table with the meta information (starting with ":Previous key:" up to ":License:") to contain the same information as it does in the other manuals, e.g. here: http://preview.docs.typo3.org/TYPO3/TCA-Reference/_sources/Index.txt
7) add the notice "**Official documentation**" and the standard text for the documentation category (e.g. Core Manual) if it is not there.
8) commit to Git with the following commit message:
[TASK] Import original reST structure
Import the original reST file structure resulting from the migration
of the OpenOffice document.
9) push to Gerrit. Wait for feedback :-)