SVN-repository -- with rapidSVN (GUI)¶
rapidSVN is a cross platform subversion client. It's project page is http://rapidsvn.tigris.org/
On Ubuntu you can install it from the package manager.
checkout with rapidSVN¶
- Open rapidSVN
- rightclick on bookmarks and choose "add existing repository"
- use "https://svn.typo3.org/Teams/DocTeam/" as location
- you can now browse the online repository
- to check out parts of the repository right click on the folder you want to check out and choose "checkout new working copy"
- select a folder (destination directory) to store your local copy and press OK
- Choose repository from the top menu
- Click checkout
- Enter relevant information and press OK
tag the new version¶
- navigate in the left bookmarks-folder to the manual you want to tag. e.g. "typo3_tut"
- click at folder "tags" - and it gets orange
- click at top menu "modify" and menu-item "create new folder"
- naming style "Version-1-0-0"
- navigate to the folder "trunk" and select all inside
- right click and choose "copy"
- type in YOUR LOCAL location: /path/to/your/local/copy/DocTeam/manual/tags/Version-1-0-0 (NO trailing slash!)
- check with the browser: http://forge.typo3.org/repositories/show/team-docteam
commit / upload the changes¶
- if you made changes to your local files they are displayed orange in the rapidSVN browser
- to commit your changes just right click on the file name and choose "commit"