Server Team Meeting, 2012-05-16¶
Attendees: Steffen Gebert, Peter Niederlag, Christian Trabold, Michael Stucki
Excused: Fabien Udriot
- Move issues into Forge
- Have everyone look at his Forge duties
- Make the next agenda much smaller!
Open Issues from last meetings¶
- [TASK] How to use Forge projects for typo3.org (concept) (Joern). Joern is not attending, so we'll skip this. (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/37225)
- [TASK] Where / how to register domains (typo3-incubator.org) (Michael). Michael will ask the T3A board on how to proceed with the registration. (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/37226)
- [DONE] Rename team-infrastructure to team-server-public (Michael). This was done. (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/36143)
- [TASK] Status get.typo3.org (Michael). Fabien is still working on it and needs to contact Peter again to finish the API. (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/36096)
- [TASK] Status demo.typo3.org (Michael). Fabien is still working on it. (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/36094)
- [DONE] Status of the new Hetzner server (Michael). The server is set up and working. For now only the (upcoming) forum site is running on it.
- [DONE] Team introduction for Christian (Michael). This was done.
Forge status (Peter)¶
- [TASK] Write an annoucement that Forge SVN projects can now be migrated to Git by request. People should write a mail to email@example.com if they are interested. (Michael + Peter, http://forge.typo3.org/issues/37282)
- [INFO] Existing SVN projects will be cleaned up, only a README.txt file with info about the migration remains.
- [TASK] Peter Niederlag is working on a Redmine update to the latest version. This might take some time since the code base needs to be cleaned up beforehand... (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/36172)
Backups on srv112¶
- [TASK] Steffen notes that the backup of srv112 eats up the whole backup bandwidth. Michael will talk to Tolleiv to see how we can optimize this. Mail sent. (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/37283)
New Backup Server¶
- [TASK] Steffen has received an offer for a new backup server and needs to get in touch with them now. (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/37280)
Review of the Chef workshop / next steps¶
- We discussed the next steps:
- [TASK] Freeze cookbooks (Christian & Steffen, http://forge.typo3.org/issues/37284)
- [TASK] Evaluate encrypted databags for Chef (Christian, http://forge.typo3.org/issues/37285)
- [TASK] Update Redmine cookbook. Christian is working on it. (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/36873)
- [TASK] We want to use Gerrit for the Chef repository. Peter will create one for us. (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/37287)
- [INFO] Send invoices for hotel & travel costs to Michael. Michael sent a mail to the team mailing list.
- [INFO] The next meeting will take place on May 30, 2012 08:00 CEST.