Server Team Meeting, 2012-06-13¶
Attendees: Steffen Gebert, Joern Bock, Tolleiv Nietsch, Michael Stucki
Excused: Peter Niederlag, Fabien Udriot
Beginning of the meeting: 08:00 CEST.
Open Issues from last meetings¶
- [INFO] Holiday planning: Michael has set up Wiki page where everyone should inform about any planned absences (like holidays).
- [TASK] Moving meetings to a different weekday: Steffen wants to change the meeting day from Wednesday to another day. He will set up a poll to find out a possible replacement. (Update: this was done, see next week protocol)
- [INFO] Susanne, Ingmar & Sebastian were removed from the members list on Forge.
Status of the TYPO3.org website¶
- [INFO] Steffen mentions that the website does not get the attention that it should. We agree with this and try to find ways how the Server Team could improve this situation.
- [TASK] A Vagrant box for easy contributions would be of great help. Fabien Udriot is working on it. (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/37406)
- [INFO] The T3O deployment tool does currently not support Git, however we want to move all repositories to Git.
- [TASK] Tolleiv provides a list of features of the current deployment tool. (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/38823)
- [TASK] Tolleiv checks about the status of the AOE media deployment tool. (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/38823)
- [TASK] Michael asks Tobias Liebig about the status of the FLOW3.Surf port for TYPO4 v6. (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/38824)
- [TASK] Joern will restart a regular meeting involving all FOR contacts. (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/38825)
Extbase team using their own website?¶
- [INFO] The Extbase team requested a clone of the TYPO3.org website. We would try to avoid this whenever possible, since it means more maintenance work.
- [TASK] Michael will talk to Sacha Storz to find a solution. (http://forge.typo3.org/issues/38826)
Status of the Backup Server¶
- [INFO] Steffen acquired a sponsor for new backup system: Debian VM + a 3TB LUN in a SAN
- [INFO] We discuss how backups should be stored in the future. We would like to stick with BackupPC.
- [INFO] Additional backups can be stored on tape through IBM Tivoli.
End of the meeting: 09:01 CEST.
- [INFO] The next meeting will take place on June 27, 2012 08:00 CEST.