Server Team Meeting, 2012-09-04¶
Attendees: Steffen Gebert, Christian Trabold, Michael Stucki, Bastian Bringenberg, Peter Niederlag
Beginning of the meeting: 08:00 CEST.
Open Issues from last meetings¶
- [INFO] Nothing urgent
- [INFO] We finished the budget application for 2013
- [INFO] Our 2012-1 Year Report was published: http://buzz.typo3.org/teams/server-admin/article/server-admin-team-half-year-report-20121/
- [INFO] http://status.typo3.org/ was finished by Bastian Bringenberg
- [INFO] SSO authentication seems to work now
- [INFO] Templating still needs some work. Martin Terber plans to do it starting from 7.9.
- [INFO] We plan(ned) to organize a sprint meeting to push the upgrade of our Redmine setup.
Update: In the meantime, it turned out that we couldn't find a date that fits for all of us. However, Peter will meet Stefan Sprenger of dkd at the end of September and we hope they can make some nice progress...!
Git creation script¶
- [INFO] Peter is working on a script for creating new Git repositories
- The main issue is currently the splitup of Leader/Member roles
- The script should ask, whether a review workflow is needed (and also accept it as third parameter)
- Script should ask about SVN repo migration or not
- [INFO] The Mantis site has almost lost our attention, and we think it's finally time to close it in favour of a single bugtracker. The question is, how can we discontinue the site?
- just shut it down
- make it read-only, enforce users to recreate open bug reports on forge
- ask for a user to create a script
- keep it running - we will probably never have capacity to migrate all issues
- [INFO] Authors, please move your projects to forge.typo3.org and let us know when we can close the project. (We won't remove anything but change it to read-only for everyone.)
- [TASK] We agreed to close category "other extensions" (see http://forge.typo3.org/issues/41020)
- [TASK] Steffen contacts owners of important projects to inform them personally: dam, realurl, templavoila, tt_news (already done)
Migration of dkd server ci.typo3.org to official infrastructure¶
- [INFO] Christian has Chef cookbooks for them
- [TASK] Christian will ask Olivier whether dkd sponsors this server as is, or as part of our infrastructure (already done)
Gerrit cookbook / update¶
- [INFO] Steffen wrote a Gerrit cookbook http://github.com/typo3-cookbooks/gerrit
- [INFO] The cookbook still needs some tuning (replication, gitweb, TYPO3 specific scripts)
- [INFO] An upgrade of Gerrit is planned within the next 2-4 weeks
- The next meeting will take place on Tuesday, September 18, 2012 08:00 CEST.