Server Team Meeting, 2012-11-13¶
Attendees: Peter Niederlag, Bastian Bringenberg, Steffen Gebert, Michael Stucki
Excused: Fabien Udriot, Christian Trabold,
Beginning of the meeting: 08:00 CET.
Open Issues from last meetings¶
- Last meeting protocol: Meeting_2012-10-30
- Issue list: http://forge.typo3.org/projects/team-server-public/issues?query_id=379
- [INFO] Steffen bought a book on RabbitMQ. He and Bastian are currently getting into the topic. The first goal is to get a notification from Ruby (Redmine) to Python (Git) for creating a Git repository with a single click. Currently this is done using SSH connecting from PC to the Gerrit and forge servers and executing a few commands there - which is obviously not very nice.
- [INFO] Steffen attended the T3CRR and held a presentation about the TYPO3 Server Team and what we're doing. Check out his slides: http://www.slideshare.net/StephenKing/die-offizielle-typo3org-infrastruktur-das-typo3-server-admin-team
New names for TYPO3 products¶
- [TODO] see open tasks from last week
- [TODO] Michael will invite all stakeholders (those who already have been invited to the discussion) to take another look at the proposal
- [TODO] After that, a final draft is sent out to the public
Git support / Gerrit upgrade¶
- [INFO] Gerrit upgrade is in progress, a bit dependency on the new repo structure and the message queue
- [INFO] Tim Duelken is very actively working on forum.typo3.org. It is synchronized with Mailing lists and Newsgroups in both directions.
- [TODO] The goal is to launch the site still in 2012.
- [INFO] Check out the activity stream: http://forge.typo3.org/projects/team-forum/activity
- [INFO] If you are interested, you can try it out here: http://forum.typo3.org/ (Login demo/forum). Please give feedback to http://forge.typo3.org/projects/team-forum/issues!
Question & answers service¶
- [INFO] Florian Scholz (https://twitter.com/floscholz) brought up the idea to have something like Stackoverflow for TYPO3. He offered to take a look at www.question2answer.org and will try to set up a test instance.
TYPO3.org code sprint¶
- [INFO] There will be a TYPO3.org code sprint on December 6-9. Steffen, Peter, Fabien, Bastian and Michael all plan to attend for 2-4 days. We're looking forward to many more helping hands! Check out the news post about the event: http://typo3.org/news/article/fourth-typo3org-sprint-in-wiesbaden/
- The next meeting will take place on Tuesday, November 27, 2012 08:00 CET
End of the meeting: 09:00 CET.