Server Team Meeting, 2012-12-11¶
Attendees: Peter Niederlag, Bastian Bringenberg, Steffen Gebert, Michael Stucki
Excused: Fabien Udriot, Christian Trabold,
Beginning of the meeting: 08:00 CET.
Open Issues from last meetings¶
- Last meeting protocol: Meeting_2012-11-27
- Issue list: http://forge.typo3.org/projects/team-server-public/issues?query_id=379
TYPO3.org code sprint¶
- [INFO] The TYPO3.org code sprint was a great opportunity for us to meet. 5 (4) members of the server team participated and worked on the typo3.org website, but also on other server related stuff. Fabien joined the event but has been wearing a documentation team hat for once (see http://docs.typo3.org/ for the result). Ben has also published a report of the meeting and you are also invited to see some impressions of the meeting on our Google+ page.
Plans for the rest of this year¶
- [INFO] After the last two weeks with huge typo3.org problems (http://buzz.typo3.org/teams/server-admin/article/information-about-the-recent-typo3org-issues/) and the typo3.org code sprint, we're trying to keep the workload smaller than usually.
Still, a lot of important things are waiting ahead of us:
- Bastian continues implementing Message Queues using RabbitMQ for sending notifications between websites. So far, PHP and Ruby (for Redmine) implementations are working. See his notes: https://notes.typo3.org/p/RabbitMQ
- Peter has made huge progress with the upgrade of the Forge website. During the weekend, we even had a dev system running. Right now, Redmine migration is at 99% and only the server needs some more polishing (installation of dependencies through Chef isn't working yet). If this can be fixed soon, we are of good hope to roll out the upgrade before 2013.
- Christian plans Log-Server, Merge new ideas in Redmine cookbook (?)… the classics
- Michael will finish administrative tasks which have a deadline in 2012 (travel costs, etc.)
- Fabien and Steffen have no particular plans right now, but they are around in case we need their help.
- The next meeting will take place on Tuesday, January 8, 2013 08:00 CET.
End of the meeting: 09:00 CET.