Meeting 2014-01-10

Attendees: Bastian Bringenberg, Steffen Gebert, Peter Niederlag, Christian Trabold

Beginning of the meeting: 08:00 CET.

Open Issues from last meetings

Jabber vs IRC vs ...

  • There was some discussion earlier about Skype chats should be moved to public channels (e.g. TYPO3 CMS Active Contributirs). One of the mentioned options was Jabber, which also some of the Server Admin Team would like to use.
  • However,it is still unclear, what features would be needed and what we should provide for our community (or rely on public services, like Freenode IRC)
  • Details about possible technical implementations of an own Jabber server are discussed:
    • Only channel administration: We could have a web site, where people can create new channels (rooms) and our Jabber server would receive that requests. People should use Jabber accounts from somewhere else (1&1, Web.de, GMX, CCC, ..)
    • typo3.org accounts are automatically Jabber accounts: Besides a server, we would also have to set up authentication against our Single Sign-On solution, which feels not feasible. Again, we see the need for LDAP.

LDAP Implementation

  • Shortly discussing advantages and disadvantages of introducing LDAP (for sure, not over night)
  • While very likely allmost all our software at least allows LDAP authentication by default, it is only TYPO3 left that does not offer us this.
  • [INFO] LDAP will probably be a hot topic on our next sprint
  • [INFO] Besides OpenLDAP ApacheDS looks a bit more appealing

Status of forge upgrade

  • [INFO] not so much done on Steffen's side during the holidays, fiddling with repo creation in Gerrit
  • [TODO] Git repo creation: Default without review, options for with review or no repo. Steffen and Peter will implement it on both sides of the MQ

New ci.typo3.org

  • we should finally migrate that service
  • for the moment, we migrate it 1:1 with the old software and settings
  • we try new, crazy stuff with our infrastructure Jenkins
  • Steffen tries to do this migration, will ask Andy und Stefano

Composer / Packagist

  • [INFO] some experiment is on-going to include the TYPO3 CMS extensions from git.typo3.org to Packagist
  • [TODO] take one or two extensions, register as package against Packagist and check whether they are well in sync after Gerrit merge. Fabien is working on that.

Demo websites

  • [INFO] Neos was added as demo. However, the server run out of memory and became instable
  • [TODO] Nginx, php5-fpm and varnish must be deployed to better cope with the load. Michael and Fabien are working on this.
  • [INFO] News draft https://notes.typo3.org/p/demo

Security improvements

  • [INFO] Added various security improvements to typo3.org, see #54837, #54839 (Michael)
  • related: #54775, in general, we should find the best settings and try to apply them to all our services..

Important (smaller) TODOs

  • For Michi: #49481 - [OHAI-237] loopback address 127.0.0.2 confuses chef - Steffen would owe you a beer, if you fix that

Next meeting

  • The next meeting will take place on Friday, January 24, 2014 08:00 CET

End of the meeting: 09:15 CET.