Server Team Meeting, 2014-07-22

Attendees: Christian Trabold, Michael Stucki, Peter Niederlag, Steffen Gebert, Guido Haase

Beginning of the meeting: 08:00 CEST.

Open Issues from last meetings

LDAP project

  • [INFO] We plan to launch an LDAP service as main authentication source on typo3.org. To keep the efforts limit, we will wait until the upgrade of typo3.org to TYPO3 6.2. According to the maintenance team, this won't happen before end of 2014.
  • [INFO] There are two interesting extensions which provide LDAP authentication in TYPO3: ig_ldap_sso_auth and eu_ldap. Both share a very similar feature set. Right now it seems that we will use ig_ldap_sso because otherwise it would not be possible to publish cookbooks for the installation due to early access program for eu_ldap.
  • [INFO] Status notepad: https://notes.typo3.org/p/LDAP_investigation
  • [TODO] @guido: Make sure that ig_ldap_sso_auth fulfills all our needs.

Redmine & Gerrit: remaining bugs after migration

  • [INFO] There are still many issues after the migration of the Redmine & Gerrit websites.
  • [INFO] You can track the status on this page: https://forge.typo3.org/issues/60284
  • [TODO] There are many issues related to styling, probably some CSS files are missing. Michael will start the old system again so that we are able to compare them...
  • [TODO] Proceed with tickets which have been assigned during the meeting.

Sprint in Q3

  • [INFO] The Q3 team sprint will take place from Oct 3-5.
  • [TODO] Location is to be defined. We have one offer from Munich currently.
  • [TODO] Steffen will write a mail to the team. Please fix the date! (see #60450)

Next meeting

  • The next meeting will take place on Tuesday, August 5, 2014 08:00 CEST

End of the meeting: 09:00 CEST.