Server Team Meeting, 2014-08-19¶
Attendees: Andri Steiner, Bastian Bringenberg, Christian Trabold, Michael Stucki, Steffen Gebert
Beginning of the meeting: 08:00 CEST.
Open Issues from last meetings¶
- Last meeting protocol: Meeting_2014-08-05
- Issue list: http://forge.typo3.org/projects/team-server-public/issues?query_id=379
Status LDAP Server¶
- [INFO] Jacob Floyd sent us an email and suggested to take a look at Atlassian Crowd which provides a working LDAP server for us.
- [INFO] We think this looks very interesting as the Neos team is already using Crowd for Jira. This means, it works already for any typo3.org FE user.
- [INFO] Steffen mentions that this seems to depend on more tools yet, as he found this:
- authenticationg against an external LDAP server in Crowd: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD/Configuring+an+LDAP+Directory+Connector
- [TODO] Bastian will contact Jacob to see if he can help us clarify these questions.
- [INFO] We should document the steps needed to become a member of our team.
- [INFO] Jacob Floyd shows big interest in supporting us. We urgently have to include him more into our team's processes. He also showed interest in joining our team sprint.
- [TODO] Michael will write a few lines on typo3.org about how to become a team member.
- [TODO] Michael writes a mail to Jacob about joining our team and also joining the next team sprint.
- [TODO] The budget for 2015 must be handed in until September 19, 2014. Michael reminds everyone to think about it so we can finalize our application within time.
- [INFO] The old typo3.org server (1st generation) is still running because it provides the infrastructure for TER mirroring (repositories.typo3.org).
- [INFO] Punkt.de has contacted us several times because they like to stop this server. We need to find out what needs to be done that they can be shut down.
- [TODO] We did some brainstorming to make everyone aware of the current situation. Steffen will create a channel to discuss this further with Christan, Andri & Michael.
- [INFO] Christian did some further research on the tools to use for our future logging server and gives a short status summary.
- [INFO] He has come away from Elasticsearch and prefers a solution with Heka ( http://hekad.readthedocs.org/en/v0.6.0/ ) and Kibana ( http://www.elasticsearch.org/overview/kibana/ ).
- [TODO] Christian will setup a git repository in https://github.com/TYPO3-infrastructure/log-server
Team Sprint October 3rd-5th¶
- [INFO] As Munich is not possible on October 3-5 (because it's Oktoberfest), we try to find a location in the Ruhrpott area.
- [TODO] Bastian will ask agencies around Cologne, we try to fix the location this week.
- typo3.org DNS Change: No feedback from Wolfgang yet, so Andri will send out a kind reminder.
- The next meeting will take place on Tuesday, September 02, 2014 08:00 CEST
End of the meeting: 09:15 CEST.