Server Team Meeting, 2014-11-11¶
- Attendees: Andri Steiner, Bastian Bringenberg, Fabien Udriot, Peter Niederlag, Steffen Gebert
- Excused: Michael Stucki
- Beginning of the meeting: 08:00 CET.
Open Issues from last meetings¶
- Last meeting protocol: Meeting_2014-10-28
- Issue list: http://forge.typo3.org/projects/team-server-public/issues?query_id=379
- IPv6 status
- DNS changes / domain transfer
- Future of Forge Taskforce?
- ms04 and ms05 got IPv6. went smoothly. Christian Zenker gave his ok for ms03. www.typo3.org is a CNAME to typo3.org, we manually have to add the AAAA record there.
- ms07 at hetzner is the only host that needs more work. Maybe this? http://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Proxmox_VE/en http://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Zusaetzliche_IP-Adressen#Nutzung_mit_Virtualisierung (covers OpenVZ as well and seems accurate/up-to-date)
DNS changes / domain transfer¶
- Steffen overworked the DNS server cookbook, https://github.com/TYPO3-cookbooks/t3-pdns
- one slave did not accept the new serial altough a howto like http://www.microhowto.info/howto/reset_the_serial_number_of_a_dns_zone.html was followed
- suggestion: use the unix time stamp instead of YYMMDDhhmmss % 2^32
- we could use some tool that automatically checks our zone file for validity
- the typo3.org zone should be transferred to an own account anyways. Michael plans to do this this week
Future of Forge Taskforce?¶
- Alternative Software stacks
- Move To Jira
- group and acl's currently base on redmine, migration considers this?
- which parts of atlassian suite will be used (jira, crowd, stash, ...)?
- update redmine 2.x
- move to openproject fork => not an option (too buggy according to Peter - right?)
- Move To Jira
- Mail to community to build a taskforce ? (cms, neos, security, ac, -dev, ), ~peterN
- typo3.org team already had a look
- input from Ingo Schmitt needed regarding purging caches
- security team (marcus krause) had no objections
- no real feedback from TYPO3 CMS team
- The next meeting will take place on Tuesday, November 25, 2014 08:00 CET
End of the meeting: xx:yy CET.