Server Team Meeting, 2014-11-25¶
- Attendees: Andri Steiner, Bastian Bringenberg, Fabien Udriot, Peter Niederlag, Steffen Gebert, Michael Stucki
- Beginning of the meeting: 08:00 CET.
Open Issues from last meetings¶
- Last meeting protocol: Meeting_2014-11-11
- Issue list: http://forge.typo3.org/projects/team-server-public/issues?query_id=379
- chef cookbook versions
- punkt.de DNS Servers: nameserver1.pluspunkthosting.de or nameserver1.punkt.de or nothing
- IPv6 rollout
- TER CDN
Removing global dependencies in Chef environments¶
- [TODO] We have to get rid of version locks in the Chef environments and move them to the site-* cookbooks (transition from librarian-chef to berkshelf)
- [INFO] Peter (?) did that for the apache2 cookbook, Steffen started for nginx. Fabien will maybe help out with some sites.
- [NOTE] This helps to get rid of the depency hell that we got through librarian. We hopefully can then easier set up a CI server which finally allows contributions by community members.
- [INFO] We like to see one cookbook stack which is used for all PHP based webservers (another one for all Ruby webservers, etc.). Currently, this is not the case and only few servers share the same configuration.
- [INFO] IPv6 connectivity was added to all servers
- [INFO] Setup is as easy as adding the IP to the vz/conf/VEID.conf file and restarting the VE.
- [INFO] Only really annoying thing: nginx listens to IPv6 by default (listen 80). This has to be replaced with "listen [::]:80" on ALL vhost. Also Solr server had something to be changed.
- Issue: https://forge.typo3.org/issues/63308, notes: https://notes.typo3.org/p/ter-mirror-cdn
- [INFO] We got access to the Level3 Media Portal, where we can see the status of the CDN
- [TODO] Implement invalidations in typo3.org (assigned to Christian Zenker)
- zabbix_server refused connections 2-3 times the last days, silently failed
- http poller process warning: I don't know why.. started to increase StartHTTPPollers, did not help.
- [TODO] Maybe try a different server with local disks, debug why http poller is busy
- The next meeting will take place on Tuesday, December 9, 2014 08:00 CET
End of the meeting: 09:20 CET.