Meeting 2014-12-09 » History » Version 2

Michael Stucki, 2014-12-16 17:41

1 2 Michael Stucki
h1. Server Team Meeting, 2014-12-09
2 1 Fabien Udriot
3 2 Michael Stucki
* Attendees: Andri Steiner, Bastian Bringenberg, Fabien Udriot, Peter Niederlag, Steffen Gebert, Michael Stucki
4 2 Michael Stucki
* Excused: 
5 2 Michael Stucki
* Beginning of the meeting: 08:00 CET.
6 1 Fabien Udriot
7 1 Fabien Udriot
h2. Open Issues from last meetings
8 1 Fabien Udriot
9 1 Fabien Udriot
* Last meeting protocol: [[Meeting_2014-11-25]]
10 1 Fabien Udriot
* Issue list: http://forge.typo3.org/projects/team-server-public/issues?query_id=379
11 1 Fabien Udriot
12 1 Fabien Udriot
h2. Agenda
13 1 Fabien Udriot
14 1 Fabien Udriot
* Tools in preparation for CMS
15 1 Fabien Udriot
* Acknowledgements
16 1 Fabien Udriot
* Etherpad-lite
17 1 Fabien Udriot
* Documentation hub
18 1 Fabien Udriot
* Demo websites
19 1 Fabien Udriot
20 1 Fabien Udriot
h2. Tools in preparation for CMS
21 1 Fabien Udriot
22 1 Fabien Udriot
* by Mathias Schreiber
23 1 Fabien Udriot
* Bastian will get back to him whether ATOM feed is enough
24 1 Fabien Udriot
https://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3cms/activity.atom
25 1 Fabien Udriot
26 1 Fabien Udriot
h2. Etherpad-lite
27 1 Fabien Udriot
28 1 Fabien Udriot
* [INFO] Server was reinstalled with new cookbooks were installed on a new VM
29 1 Fabien Udriot
* [INFO] Database is growing 11Gb
30 1 Fabien Udriot
* [TODO] There are problems with restarts of etherpad-lite occurring every couple of minutes. We're not yet sure, why this is happening. Steffen will check with mysql-tuning-primer and in doubt ask Xaver Maierhofer, who is a bit more into ep.
31 1 Fabien Udriot
* [TODO] Andri wants to have a look at Redis whether it could make sense to be a replacement of MySQL.
32 1 Fabien Udriot
33 1 Fabien Udriot
h2. Documentation hub
34 1 Fabien Udriot
35 1 Fabien Udriot
* [INFO] Cookbook site-builddocstypo3org has been deployed on the new documentation server.
36 1 Fabien Udriot
37 1 Fabien Udriot
h2. Demo websites
38 1 Fabien Udriot
39 1 Fabien Udriot
* [INFO] Fabien is updating the new server (srv154) to host CMS and Neos demo instances.
40 1 Fabien Udriot
41 1 Fabien Udriot
h2. DNS server cookbook, how to use
42 1 Fabien Udriot
43 1 Fabien Udriot
* site-cookbooks/site-nstypo3org -> recipes/zone_typo3org.rb
44 1 Fabien Udriot
* add new entries there, increase version number, upload cookbook
45 1 Fabien Udriot
46 1 Fabien Udriot
<pre>
47 1 Fabien Udriot
   {:name => "forum",         :value => "srv116.typo3.org."},    {:name => "get",           :value => "srv105.typo3.org."},    {:name => "git",           :value => "srv151.typo3.org."},
48 1 Fabien Udriot
   A record: {:name => "t3con-na",      :value => "54.245.247.118", :type => "A",},
49 1 Fabien Udriot
</pre>
50 1 Fabien Udriot
51 1 Fabien Udriot
h2. Acknowledgements
52 1 Fabien Udriot
53 2 Michael Stucki
* Our dear team leader should make some suggestion to give at least the team mates that didn't receive any acknowledgement this year, yet, their tribute. (ha! seen that ;-) ~stucki)
54 1 Fabien Udriot
55 1 Fabien Udriot
h2. Various
56 1 Fabien Udriot
57 1 Fabien Udriot
* We plan to have a uniformed Chef setup for deploying website (virtual host, database, ...). Andri could have something to share.
58 1 Fabien Udriot
* we are waiting for IPv6 for mail.typo3.org (punkt.de is in charge)
59 1 Fabien Udriot
* Moving TER to CDN is proceeding. Christian Zenker started implementing cache invalidations, work in progress.
60 1 Fabien Udriot
61 1 Fabien Udriot
h2. Next meeting
62 1 Fabien Udriot
63 1 Fabien Udriot
* The next meeting will take place on Tuesday, December 23rd, 2014 08:00 CET
64 2 Michael Stucki
65 1 Fabien Udriot
End of the meeting: 09:06 CET.