Server Team Meeting, 2014-12-23¶
Attendees: Andri Steiner, Fabien Udriot, Peter Niederlag, Steffen Gebert, Michael Stucki
Beginning of the meeting: 08:00 CET.
Open Issues from last meetings¶
- Last meeting protocol: Meeting_2014-12-09
- Issue list: http://forge.typo3.org/projects/team-server-public/issues?query_id=379
Etherpad storage engine¶
- See already previous meeting: Meeting_2014-12-09
- [INFO] We are using mysql as storage engine, which is constantly growing and seems suboptimal. There seems to be no valid alternative, esp. regarding a data conversion (e.g. to redis)
- [TODO] Steffen will investigate it
- [INFO] We received a concept paper which explains how to migrate from Redmine to Jira. Yet, there was no decision about moving away from Redmine.
- [INFO] The server team does not want to take a decision for the whole community. Yet we like to be involved in such a discussion, as we will be the ones who need to maintain the product in the future, like we do it for Redmine right now. For us it's most important to decide for a single product in the future, whatever it is (including the extensions). This means, choose either one or the other product, but not both of them.
- [INFO] Such a decision requires in-depth research. It must not be limited to CMS Core but also needs to consider all other community projects and show a solution for these.
- [TODO] Define requirements
- [TODO] Evaluate pros and cons of each product
- [TODO] Define who are the maintainers, and who will decide
- [TODO] Someone give us time to work on these tasks, please! :-/
- [INFO] ms06 + ms07 didn't support the load. Was moved back to ms05, better performance disk wise, IO is the bottleneck
- [INFO] increased information delay, still ok.
- [INFO] If nothing helps, consider buying consultancy from Zabbix.
- [INFO] We now have CMS 7.0 http://cms70.demo.typo3.org/typo3/ and Neos 1.2. Was in contact with Aske Ertmann.
- [INFO] Clear progress with the Vagrant box, worked together with Jacob Floyd.
- The next meeting will take place on Tuesday, December 23rd, 2014 08:00 CET
End of the meeting: 09:00 CET.