Server Team Meeting, 2015-01-20¶
Attendees: Andri Steiner, Bastian Bringenberg, Fabien Udriot, Michael Stucki, Peter Niederlag, Steffen Gebert
Beginning of the meeting: 08:00 CET.
Open Issues from last meetings¶
- Last meeting protocol: Meeting_2015-01-06
- Issue list: http://forge.typo3.org/projects/team-server-public/issues?query_id=379
- Team Sprint Planning: Fix date & location
- Power outage retrospect
- Jenkins Server: next steps
- Etherpad status
- Yearly report: collect more feedback
Team Sprint Planning¶
- [INFO] Fix the date: it seems like the weekend of March 28
- [TODO] Location? Michael will ask Olivier, then Jochen
Power outage retrospect¶
- One server had an unexpected power outage last week, the result were multiple data base issues on the Gerrit server
- We published some post mortem reports:
- We did not receive a final report from the server sponsor
- Check server_index.txt in our Chef repository to see what's running where.
Jenkins Server: next steps¶
- [INFO] Set up ms08 with OpenVZ right now, then move the jenkins server there
- [INFO] Seems like the issues are gone after the latest update.
- [INFO] There is still an ugly loading error when you start a new document. If you ignore it, the page works fine.
- [INFO] If you notice any other problems with Etherpad, let us know.
- [TODO] There is one issue when loading the page for the first time. Steffen will report
- We are a bit hanging at an old state because of OpenVZ uses still kernel 2.6.32
- [INFO] Don't wait for an alternative. Start migration whenever a new technology convinces us.
- OpenVZ and Virtuzzo Core: http://openvz.livejournal.com/49158.html
- Bastian reports frequent log outs from OTRS
- Look at the System log: https://otrs.typo3.org/otrs/index.pl?Action=AdminLog
User management in Chef¶
- Jacob wants to get hands dirty with the Chef infrastructure
- Steffen suggests to improve the user/sudo setup, which is currently very cluttered and inefficient
- [TODO] Steffen will get in contact and explain the current situation as well as where things have to be improved
- The next meeting will take place on Tuesday, February 03, 2015 08:00 CET
End of the meeting: xx:yy CET.