Server Team Meeting, 2015-03-03¶
Attendees: Bastian Bringenberg, Fabien Udriot, Michael Stucki, Peter Niederlag, Steffen Gebert
Excused: Andri Steiner,
Beginning of the meeting: 08:00 CET.
Open Issues from last meetings¶
- Last meeting protocol: Meeting_Protocols
- Issue list: http://forge.typo3.org/projects/team-server-public/issues?query_id=379
Server Team Meeting March 20-22 in Frankfurt¶
- [INFO] who wants to join
- [TODO] We need an agenda
- repeating tasks: rename users, change email addresses, etc.
- Redmine v3.0.0
TER uploads via GitHub (by Claus Due)¶
- [INFO] Claus released a helper to upload to TER after Github tag: https://release.namelesscoder.net/
- [TODO] Ask him to provide this as official service?
It's a very nice and useful initiative. We do very much welcome and support it. We just would like to get rid of the requirement to store the upload credentials (typo3.org user account credentials) on
external sites. There are two reasons that require the password
- ensure the repo is owned/managed be the user owning the extension-key
- authorize the upload to TER
There is already now the possibility to manage a repo-url for extension-key in the user-account on typo3.org. This would be a safe way to manage the repo-url for an extension-key in a safe/authorized way.
If the service of claus could somehow fetch this repo-url from typo3.org then this url would be secured. We could then implement one magic/secret admin user that can upload any extension and is used by the service of claus.
The required efforts are-
- sync/fetch repo-url for extension from typo3.org
- add/use the magic bot user for uploading
- [INFO] Bastian (manually) updated one of our servers to dotdeb PHP 5.5
- [PROBLEM] We still have no chef-based PHP stack
- [DISCUSS] Andri offered to provide snowflake's new Puppet modules
- [DISCUSS] Tom Maroschik suggested https://github.com/phpbrew/phpbrew
- [DISCUSS] We don't want to compile on prod servers
- [DISCUSS ] We could create own Debian packages on our build server
- [DISCUSS] Another approach might be to use docker to run php
- [INFO] Michael and Peter will give docker a try
- Dates of meetings - can you update the invitation, Michael, please.
- The next meeting will take place on Monday, March 16, 2015 16:45 CET