Server Team Meeting, 2015-08-04

Attendees: Michael Stucki, Steffen Gebert, Benni Mack (Guest)
Excused: Andri Steiner, Bastian Bringenberg, Fabien Udriot, Peter Niederlag

Beginning of the meeting: 08:00 CEST.

Open Issues from last meetings

Agenda

Extensions in the TYPO3 Infrastructure

  • As we discussed during T3DD, it is hard to compete with others (Github etc) for TYPO3 extension hosting (big lack of man power, complex upgrades of redmine, gerrit etc)
  • Benni plans to announce that extensions have to migrate away from TYPO3 infrastructure. TER will stay, as this is an important part of the TYPO3 ecosystem
  • He will pre-post the annoucement/draft to the dev mailing list, maybe somebody has comments (e.g. regarding migration of issues to Github)
  • On typo3.org, extension owners can already add URLs to external Git repos of an extension.
  • This will discontinue the following services for extension projects: SVN, Git/Gerrit, Forge

TER mirrors

  • punkt.de finally wants to switch of the old typo3.org server that is still required for mirrors
  • Benni will make sure that we know, how TYPO3 EM behaves, when the mirrors.xml.gz is changed
  • For distribution e.g. of TYPO3 Core, maybe Bintray (https://bintray.com/ ) or ... are alternatives (on request, they give OSS projects more space)
  • See also this (old) mail from Steffen regarding a replacement which is ready-to-test: http://lists.typo3.org/pipermail/typo3-dev/2014-September/048936.html

Jenkins Server Log

  • [INFO] The ci-neos.typo3.org server is filling up the disk quickly because of errors in the Jenkins log file.
  • [TODO] Michael will ask Jacob if the server can be shut down or if it needs to be moved away.

Zabbix status

  • [INFO] Zabbix server was hacked, as the server had the default admin password :-( (in keepass, there was another password)
  • [TODO] Investigate the audit log, what was changed and bring it hopefully back
  • [TODO] Write post mortem report.

Insecure SSL certificates

  • [INFO] We've enabled SSL for some sites
  • [INFO] Xavier pointed out that we should renew to SHA-2 and enable TLS1.2 everywhere (mostly blocked by Debian Squeeze's OpenSSL version)
  • [TODO] OS upgrades?

Status ms08 / OpenNebula

  • Has an annoying bug, waiting for next release.
  • If this still does not work, oVirt might be an alternative as the latest version is now also available for Debian based operating systems (before it was Redhat-only).

Email Migration

Various

Next meeting

  • The next meeting will take place on Tuesday, August 18, 2015 08:00 CEST

End of the meeting: 08:50 CEST.