Server Team Meeting, 2015-08-04¶
Attendees: Michael Stucki, Steffen Gebert, Benni Mack (Guest)
Excused: Andri Steiner, Bastian Bringenberg, Fabien Udriot, Peter Niederlag
Beginning of the meeting: 08:00 CEST.
Open Issues from last meetings¶
- Last meeting protocol: Meeting_2015-07-17
- Issue list: http://forge.typo3.org/projects/team-server-public/issues?query_id=379
- Jenkins Server Log
- TER mirrors
- Jenkins Server Log
- Zabbix status
- Status ms08 / OpenNebula
- Insecure SSL certificates
- Email Migration
- Budget Review after 1st half year
- Team Sprint in November (see https://notes.typo3.org/p/Server_Team_Meeting_2015-11-06 )
Extensions in the TYPO3 Infrastructure¶
- As we discussed during T3DD, it is hard to compete with others (Github etc) for TYPO3 extension hosting (big lack of man power, complex upgrades of redmine, gerrit etc)
- Benni plans to announce that extensions have to migrate away from TYPO3 infrastructure. TER will stay, as this is an important part of the TYPO3 ecosystem
- He will pre-post the annoucement/draft to the dev mailing list, maybe somebody has comments (e.g. regarding migration of issues to Github)
- On typo3.org, extension owners can already add URLs to external Git repos of an extension.
- This will discontinue the following services for extension projects: SVN, Git/Gerrit, Forge
- punkt.de finally wants to switch of the old typo3.org server that is still required for mirrors
- Benni will make sure that we know, how TYPO3 EM behaves, when the mirrors.xml.gz is changed
- For distribution e.g. of TYPO3 Core, maybe Bintray (https://bintray.com/ ) or ... are alternatives (on request, they give OSS projects more space)
- See also this (old) mail from Steffen regarding a replacement which is ready-to-test: http://lists.typo3.org/pipermail/typo3-dev/2014-September/048936.html
Jenkins Server Log¶
- [INFO] The ci-neos.typo3.org server is filling up the disk quickly because of errors in the Jenkins log file.
- [TODO] Michael will ask Jacob if the server can be shut down or if it needs to be moved away.
- [INFO] Zabbix server was hacked, as the server had the default admin password :-( (in keepass, there was another password)
- [TODO] Investigate the audit log, what was changed and bring it hopefully back
- [TODO] Write post mortem report.
Insecure SSL certificates¶
- [INFO] We've enabled SSL for some sites
- [INFO] Xavier pointed out that we should renew to SHA-2 and enable TLS1.2 everywhere (mostly blocked by Debian Squeeze's OpenSSL version)
- [TODO] OS upgrades?
Status ms08 / OpenNebula¶
- Has an annoying bug, waiting for next release.
- If this still does not work, oVirt might be an alternative as the latest version is now also available for Debian based operating systems (before it was Redhat-only).
- [INFO] We want to migrate to a different hoster
- [INFO] We received the list of current email accounts
- [TODO] Finish the plan on https://notes.typo3.org/p/Mailserver_migration
- Steffen suggested to have a look at Bintray (https://bintray.com/ ) which could serve as a replacement for our Sourceforge download mirrors.
- Michael will send a mail regarding the budget status to the team list.
- Please make sure to confirm whether or not you will attend our team sprint in November (see https://notes.typo3.org/p/Server_Team_Meeting_2015-11-06 )
- The next meeting will take place on Tuesday, August 18, 2015 08:00 CEST
End of the meeting: 08:50 CEST.