Server Team Meeting, 2015-09-01¶
Attendees: Andri Steiner, Michael Stucki, Steffen Gebert, Benni Mack, Michael Lihs
Missing: Bastian Bringenberg, Fabien Udriot, Peter Niederlag
Beginning of the meeting: 08:00 CEST.
Open Issues from last meetings¶
- Last meeting protocol: Meeting_2015-08-18
- Issue list: http://forge.typo3.org/projects/team-server-public/issues?query_id=379
CDN Setup Info (Benni / Xavier)¶
- [INFO] Benni informs that we are going to abandon Sourceforge for typo3.org downloads in favor of using get.typo3.org with a CDN.
- [INFO] It is sponsored by CloudFlare and work was done by Xavier and Benni and his colleague Martin Lauer.
- [INFO] Benni documents the new state on the wiki of get.typo3.org in Forge.
- [INFO] Benni suggests to use get.typo3.org/ter/ in favour of TER mirrors.
- [INFO] Peter is in contact with a rails developer, who provided a cost estimation to update forge (50h)
- [INFO] Michael got the OK also from the EAB and we would like to make use of this help to get the update done
- [INFO] See http://typo3.org/news/article/committed-to-contribution-submit-your-2015-budget-application-now-copy-1/
- [INFO] Application for budget 2016 is currently going on
- [INFO] LDAP server is probably most important - current state? Xavier wanted to join the project
- [INFO] Many old OS versions - we need updates
- [INFO] Update mailman: does not need to be a Chef cookbook, maybe only for update?
- [TODO] Send your project ideas to Michael
- [TODO] Michael will create a sheet where everyone can post project ideas. See https://notes.typo3.org/p/Server_Team_Budget_2016
- [INFO] Andri reports that the preparation is ready and we can now plan the next steps.
- [INFO] for further details, see https://notes.typo3.org/p/Mailserver_migration
Commenting Feature (Discourse)¶
- [INFO] Mimi asked Christian Herberger to join for FE Styling
- [INFO] There is a demo server at Snowflake - we will try to get it running there, if we run into trouble, we can ask the Neos team, how they set up their installation at DigitalOcean
- [INFO] We created a Github project for the TYPO3 Discourse installation https://github.com/TYPO3-infrastructure/discuss.typo3.org
- [INFO] There is a slack document for discussion and requirements engineering: https://typo3.slack.com/files/michaellihs/F09NB3D8V/Discourse_Server_for_typo3_org
- Status of the LDAP server is currently unclear. Michael will get in touch with Bastian.
- The next meeting will take place on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 08:00 CEST
End of the meeting: 09:00 CEST.