Server Team Meeting, 2017-04-27

Attendees: Andreas Beutel, Andri Steiner, Bastian Bringenberg, Michael Stucki, Steffen Gebert

Beginning of the meeting: 07:00 CEST.

Open Issues from last meetings

Agenda

Forger Usage for Task Management

  • [INFO] Forger for Admin team has been provided by Mattes (#80757)
  • [TODO] Anja looks into the issue with Core issues displayed in Forger - Andi will get in contact with her

Forge Update

  • [INFO] Redmine has been updated to 3.3 after the last sprint
  • [INFO] We got already some CSS fixes merged via PRs. Repos are public on GitHub TYPO3-infrastructure
  • [TODO] How to further proceed? What plugins to install, what are the priorities etc?
  • [TODO] Change Redmine Theme to www.abacusthemes.com?
    • The current theme is used because of issues with our many extensions
    • Abacus Theme is commercial / closed source. We might not just put that on GitHub like we do currently. With that, we see the issue that we need to distribute the deploy key without making testing a nightmare.
    • How can we deal with customizations (adjusting CSS)? Probably like we do in typo3_forge plugin
  • [TODO] Theme status: see #81033
  • [INFO] Still couple of monitoring alerts
    srv173: /var/log/nginx/error-forge.typo3.org.log-20170427 
    * upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.186.2.170, server: forge.typo3.org, request: "GET /issues/69052 HTTP/1.0", upstream: "http://unix:/var/run/thin/redmine.3.sock/issues/69052",
    * no live upstreams while connecting to upstream, client: 10.186.2.171, server: forge.typo3.org, request: "GET /issues/xxx.json?include=journals HTTP/1.0", upstream: "http://redmine_thin/issues/xxx.json?include=journals", host: "forge.typo3.org" 
    
  • Question: Increase the number of thin servers from 4 to X?

Sprint Q3

  • [INFO] punkt.de invited us to Karlsruhe for the June/July sprint.
  • [TODO] Bastian will ask Patrick about the status

Internal zone in DNS (#81073)

  • [INFO] Problem: we need a schema for host names to distinguish between internal and public host names, e.g. {ldap,monitoring}.typo3.org from the Internet and from the local network, which resolve to public/private IPs
  • DNS naming for internal hosts (like we have for mailrelay.typo3.org)
    • Andri pointed out that we should have a separate domain, like typo3.local. Would still be a bigger migration.
    • We could use use the public host names and use pfSense to overwrite them internally (e.g. for LDAP); makes little sense for internal-only services
    • We could use servicename-internal.typo3.org; some people don't like this :-)
    • We could manage /etc/hosts via Chef; dependency on Chef
  • [INFO] Let's use *.int.typo3.org
  • [TODO] Update site-nstypo3org to reflect that logic
  • [TODO] get a wildcard cert for *.int.typo3.org

Various

  • Create proposal to replace mailinglists, newsgroups and forum on decisions.typo3.org
    • [TODO] Andri will propose a proposal which we will publish then
  • LDAP migration by Patrick?
    • [TODO] Bastian will ask him
  • Reporting
    • Published our Q1 report
    • TODO publish sprint report

Next meeting

  • The next meeting will take place on Thursday, May 11th, 2017 07:00 CEST

End of the meeting: 08:20 CEST.