Server Team Meeting, 2017-05-24¶
Attendees: Andri Steiner, Michael Stucki
Beginning of the meeting: 07:00 CEST.
Open Issues from last meetings¶
- Last meeting protocol: Meeting_2017-05-11
- Issue list: https://forge.typo3.org/projects/team-server-public/issues?query_id=379
- OTRS tickets: https://otrs.typo3.org/otrs/index.pl?Action=AgentTicketQueue;QueueID=21;SortBy=Age;OrderBy=Up;View=Small;Filter=All
- [INFO] Steffen mentions that he installed OS updates on all servers. It seems this wasn't done for a while.
- [INFO] Steffen reports that fixing the Zabbix warning for Debian 8 would be nice
- [TODO] Fix Zabbix notification for pending OS updates for Debian 8: https://forge.typo3.org/issues/81018
- [TODO] We need to define responsibility for doing OS updates: https://forge.typo3.org/issues/81321
- [INFO] The Piwik server had an outage which was caused by OOM.
- [INFO] Steffen investigated, but couldn't fix anything due to insufficient memory on the host.
- [TODO] Ask Thomas Janke to see if there's anything to improve in the configuration: https://forge.typo3.org/issues/81322
- [INFO] The proposal was published on https://decisions.typo3.org/t/replace-mailinglists-newsgroups-and-forum-with-discourse/190
- [TODO] Discussion is ongoing. We're still waiting for more feedback from the community. Please take a look at it...
- [INFO] We didn't find a date for a next sprint where more than 2 people could attend.
- [INFO] Therefore, we decided to join the upcoming typo3.org team sprint which is taking place on June 8-10 at punkt.de in Karlsruhe.
- [TODO] Provide more infos (Michael)
- https://forge.typo3.org/issues/81132 (Document upgrade of chef-client)
- migration of the voting site and get.t3o (Steffen needs to trigger Thomas / Xavier to do that...)
- Create a decisions proposal for api.typo3.org (I'm 50:50 on that). Actually, I'd like to make statistics of a few more sites public so that others can compare (and well, we're an open source community, so no secrets..).
- Finish open issues regarding server hosting offer
- Buy a new server (we can't wait for the above offer to proceed here)
- Prepare next sprint
- Steffen asks if it's ok to publish statistics for docs, wiki, forge, forum, gerrit (or a subset of those)? We think that's ok.
- Forger: It's time to clean up the board, i.e., remove all assigned persons, move things into the right state, e.g. everything(?) out of review and Accepted, then select the next important tasks for the accepted column. Who likes to help here?
- Redmine plugin has still two open PRs: https://github.com/TYPO3-infrastructure/rm_typo3_forge/pulls. Should I create a forge ticket for that? (answer Michael: no thanks, have an open tab for it ;-))
- We should definitely get a new server. ms08 is damn slow and RAM is occupied.
- Developer days: Andri will be there - who else is going? Michael is still undecided...
- The next meeting will take place on Thursday, June 8, 2017 07:00 CEST
End of the meeting: 08:00 CEST.