Server Team Meeting, 2017-06-22

Attendees: Andreas Beutel, Andri Steiner, Bastian Bringenberg, Michael Stucki, Steffen Gebert

Beginning of the meeting: 07:00 CEST.

Open Issues from last meetings

Status Mailing List discussion

Status Call for hosting offers

Monitoring alerts - Forge

  • [INFO] Currently, forge.typo3.org is having performance issues which triggers monitoring alerts almost every day.
  • [INFO] Steffen thinks it's because of the MySQL server which could be optimized more.
  • [TODO] We need to check the situation during the next time when the server is overloaded.
  • [TODO] Add link to forge

Monitoring alerts - Gerrit

  • [INFO] Gerrit is sometimes slow as well.
  • [INFO] Andreas fixed the problem for the moment by restarting Gerrit + running garbage collection for the typo3/cms repository
  • [TODO] Add link to forge

Monitoring alerts - Piwik

  • [TODO] Inform Thomas Janke about ongoing problems
  • [TODO] Add link to Forge

Domains

  • [INFO] Our prepay balance is getting close to zero. It needs to be charged again.
  • [TODO] Michael will create an invoice and send it to the backoffice.

New servers

  • [INFO] Existing servers should be moved away from ms08 to ms10 or ms11.
  • [INFO] Documentation about moving servers can be found in our internal docs repository.
  • [TODO] Forge issue: ...

Various

  • Next sprint: Andreas will set up a Doodle for a Sprint between September-December in Cologne (Thu-Sun)

Next meeting

  • The next meeting will take place on Thursday, July 06, 2017 07:00 CEST

End of the meeting: 08:00 CEST.