Server Team Meeting, 2017-08-31 / continued 2017-09-05

Attendees: Andri Steiner, Bastian Bringenberg, Michael Stucki, Steffen Gebert
Excused: Andreas Beutel

Beginning of the meeting: 07:00 CEST.

Open Issues from last meetings

Status Server Offers

  • [INFO] Michael will send around a draft for the responses
  • [TODO] Publish (update: DONE!)

EAB asks us for budget estimation for 2018

  • [INFO] We should estimate our budget requirements, we expect that we roughly need the same amount of money again next year
  • [TODO] Michael will respond back to the EAB

Replacement for lists.typo3.org - next steps?

  • [TODO] We should proceed with the migration as discussed
  • [INFO] Discourse installation is running already
  • [TODO] Andri will introduce the concept during the next sprint to gather feedback from the team
  • [INFO] Andri plans to work on that task during autumn
  • [TODO] There were discussions about a merge with discussions.typo3.org, which could later be discussed again

Benni's Comments

  • [INFO] Benni joined our meeting and provided us with the following feedback:
    • Asks for any plans about gerrit update, Steffen has it on its list about the LDAP integration
    • Will look into demo.typo3.org, and will take care of the next steps
    • Core team does not need cloud flare anymore, can be removed https://forge.typo3.org/issues/82251
    • get.typo3.org: Automatic updates disabled, now only static changes are taken care via git/gerrit and Benni logs in and does a git pull on the server
    • Extensions for git.typo3.org - No new extension repositories will be added - Benni will check with Joey and Xavier if they still want to keep extension code on git.typo3.org

Various

Next meeting

  • The next meeting will take place on Thursday, September 13, 2017 07:00 CEST

End of the meeting: 08:00 CEST.