Server Team Meeting, 2017-11-09

Attendees: Andreas Beutel, Bastian Bringenberg, Michael Stucki, Steffen Gebert, Stephan Großberndt, Thomas Löffler
Excused: Andri Steiner

Beginning of the meeting: 07:00 CET.

Open Issues from last meetings

Disk failure on ms08 - next steps

  • [INFO] One of our master servers (ms08) reported a failed disk on Tuesday morning.
  • [INFO] Steffen took care of migrating all VMs except proxy and gateway to other servers.
  • [TODO] Check why monitoring did not alert after the disk failure @Andreas
  • [TODO] Migrate proxy to ms10/ms11 (Note: Will be replaced with a new proxy server based on Debian 9) @Steffen @Michael
  • [TODO] Migrate gateway to ms10/ms11 @Michael
  • [TODO] Update server index @Michael
  • [TODO] Decomission ms08 during the sprint

Piwik slow during backup

  • [INFO] Several people complained that Gerrit UI is blocked by slow Piwik (usually at 0:30-1:00 during Backups)
  • [INFO] We could optimize the MySQL dump to only dump tables relevant for Piwik.
  • [INFO] The Piwik server was just moved to a new host which has SSDs. For now, we wait and see if the problem was resolved by this.
  • [INFO] As the backup was not running on the host the slow-down was probably due to an archive job
  • [TODO] Add "lzop" package to site-webhosttypo3org (otherwise MySQL backups are not running on puppet-based web hosting servers)

Sprint preparation

  • [INFO] We have one spot left for our upcoming team sprint in Cologne.
  • [TODO] Anyone who likes to join, please get in touch with us through Slack #typo3-server-team.

Preparation for t3o relaunch

  • [INFO] Xavier successfully tested LDAP auth for the translation server. From our side, he is free to execute the migration on his own.
  • [TODO] Announce the shutdown of forum.typo3.org together with the typo3.org relaunch. @Michael

Various

  • [INFO] New request by Oliver Klee for removing his extensions from Gerrit: https://forge.typo3.org/issues/82948
  • [TODO] Check with Benni what the status of removing all extension repos from Gerrit is (we wanted to contact the users for this)

Next meeting

  • The next meeting will take place on Thursday, November 23, 2017 07:00 CET

End of the meeting: 08:00 CET.