Server Team Meeting, 2018-01-03¶
Attendees: Andri Steiner, Michael Stucki, Steffen Gebert, Stephan Großberndt, Andreas Beutel
Beginning of the meeting: 17:00 CET.
Open Issues from last meetings¶
- Last meeting protocol: Meeting_2017-12-20
- Issue board: https://admin-forger.typo3.org/sprint?&boardId=CurrentTasks
- OTRS tickets: https://otrs.typo3.org/otrs/index.pl?Action=AgentTicketQueue;QueueID=21;SortBy=Age;OrderBy=Up;View=Small;Filter=All
- [INFO] Stephan Großberndt joined the Server Admin Team by invitation and the team is very happy to have him
- [TODO] Onboarding should be finished by January 17. Michael is responsible but will delegate some tasks to other members.
Report from the last sprint¶
- [TODO] Andreas will finish the draft until Jan 6.
Report about 2017¶
- [INFO] We like to write a report about the last year.
- [TODO] Please add your input to https://notes.typo3.org/p/Server_Team_Report_2017
- [TODO] Steffen and Michael will write the report until Jan 17.
- [TODO] Invoices for 2017 need to be handed in until January 12 latest!
- [INFO] We requested 2000€/month for infrastructure hosting in the 2018 budget, giving us the freedom to move to an IaaS service.
- [INFO] The EAB requested further explanation, why we need this - cloud strategy or money. It's a bit unclear for us yet what needs to be answered, but we'll get in touch with the EAB.
- [INFO] We currently use ~30G RAM in our KVM infrastructure and roughly the same in OpenVZ.
- [TODO] Provide a cost estimation using https://cloud.google.com/products/calculator/ and reason why we think that Kubernetes is the right tool for our job
- [TODO] Investigation tasks: https://github.com/TYPO3-infrastructure/kubernetes-infra/issues
- [TODO] K8s learning event next Thursday (see below)
- [INFO] We tried to find a date for a sprint in Q1 but this seems hard this quarter https://doodle.com/poll/54dpzgybvi6f4r2b
- [INFO] We join forces on Jan 11th starting 18:00 via web conference
- [TODO] Redmine requests from core team: Michi will contact Sascha today
- [INFO] Mailserver migration is ongoing
The next meeting will take place on Thursday, January 16, 2018 17:00 CET(Update: the meeting got cancelled while we search for a new timeslot)
End of the meeting: 18:00 CET.