Server Team Meeting, 2018-01-03

Attendees: Andri Steiner, Michael Stucki, Steffen Gebert, Stephan Großberndt, Andreas Beutel

Beginning of the meeting: 17:00 CET.

Open Issues from last meetings

Onboarding Stephan

  • [INFO] Stephan Großberndt joined the Server Admin Team by invitation and the team is very happy to have him
  • [TODO] Onboarding should be finished by January 17. Michael is responsible but will delegate some tasks to other members.

Report from the last sprint

  • [TODO] Andreas will finish the draft until Jan 6.

Report about 2017

Finances

  • [TODO] Invoices for 2017 need to be handed in until January 12 latest!

Kubernetes PoC

  • [INFO] We requested 2000€/month for infrastructure hosting in the 2018 budget, giving us the freedom to move to an IaaS service.
  • [INFO] The EAB requested further explanation, why we need this - cloud strategy or money. It's a bit unclear for us yet what needs to be answered, but we'll get in touch with the EAB.
  • [INFO] We currently use ~30G RAM in our KVM infrastructure and roughly the same in OpenVZ.
  • [TODO] Provide a cost estimation using https://cloud.google.com/products/calculator/ and reason why we think that Kubernetes is the right tool for our job
  • [TODO] Investigation tasks: https://github.com/TYPO3-infrastructure/kubernetes-infra/issues
  • [TODO] K8s learning event next Thursday (see below)

Sprint Planning

Various

  • [TODO] Redmine requests from core team: Michi will contact Sascha today
  • [INFO] Mailserver migration is ongoing

Next meeting

  • The next meeting will take place on Thursday, January 16, 2018 17:00 CET (Update: the meeting got cancelled while we search for a new timeslot)

End of the meeting: 18:00 CET.