Server Team Meeting, 2018-02-13

Attendees: Andreas Beutel, Andri Steiner, Bastian Bringenberg, Michael Stucki, Steffen Gebert, Stephan GroƟberndt
Excused:

Beginning of the meeting: 17:00 CET.

Open Issues from last meetings

Backup Server Status

  • [INFO] Michael noticed that a few servers were not backed up because they were rejecting our existing SSH key.
  • [INFO] The problem was fixed by replacing the key with a new ed25519 key on all hosts. The old key is now only used on hosts where ed25519 is not supported.

Website Responsibility Index

  • [INFO] This topic came up after a discussion in the team channel regarding website maintenance.
  • [INFO] It is currently not clear to everyone that TYPO3 sites are only hosted but not maintained by the server team.
  • [INFO] We discussed if it would be useful to have a list of maintainer contacts for each website. This is currently not the case for all sites.
  • [INFO] The maintainer needs to be specified in the Yaml file of the website configuration repository.
  • [TODO] We need to make sure that new records will always have that info. We think that this can be achieved without creating any dedicated tools for this small task.

Hosting Future

  • [INFO] Michael had a call with Stefan Busemann (T3A Board) regarding the future hosting of our infrastructure.
  • [INFO] At the moment, we are experimenting with Kubernetes and would like to migrate our complete infrastructure to a hosting provider who supports this.
  • [INFO] We talked about the advantages and possibilities for our community with such a setup.
  • [INFO] Stefan has asked for an estimation of the costs for the migration and for the operation of this environment.
  • [TODO] Michael will collect numbers, pros and cons(?) and send that to Stefan until Feb 27.

GDPR?

  • [INFO] How do we deal with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)?
  • [TODO] Andreas will request feedback from the T3A Board

Forge Maintenance

  • [TODO] Michael will contact Davitec and ask for an SLA. (Update: done!)

Kubernetes

  • [INFO] We will have our next Hands On session with Kubernetes on Google Cloud on Tuesday, Feb 20 from 18:00-22:00 CET.
  • [INFO] If anyone from outside of our team is interested to join our session, please contact us via Slack #typo3-server-team.

Various

  • Stephan mentioned a problem with duplicate users in Gerrit. We had a look at it together to see how it can be resolved. By looking up the last login date, the currently used account can be identified. Stephan will take care of this.

Next meeting

  • The next meeting will take place on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 17:00 CET

End of the meeting: 18:20 CET.