Server Team Meeting, 2018-03-27

Attendees: Andri Steiner, Michael Stucki, Stephan Großberndt
Excused: Andreas Beutel, Bastian Bringenberg, Steffen Gebert

Beginning of the meeting: 17:00 CEST.

Open Issues from last meetings

Onboarding of Stephan

  • [INFO] Stephan Großberndt got an introduction by Michael and is now able to control the world :-)
  • [TODO] Zabbix access at https://monitoring.typo3.org not granted yet (Update: this was solved during the meeting)

Defective Disk on ms03

  • [INFO] The defective disk was replaced and our array is in "Optimal" state again
  • [INFO] Thanks to Punkt.de for replacing the defective disk

Mailserver Migration

  • [INFO] The migration has been finished successfully. The old accounts will be removed on April 2nd, see https://typo3.org/news/article/mailserver-migration/
  • [INFO] We monitor the new system closely and will made further improvements, especially regarding spam detection rate
  • [INFO] We will alter our SPF record to specify a more selective set of senders as soon as possible. We check weekly DMARC reports and try to identify any problems until then

Mailinglist Migration

  • [INFO] Andri and Michael will meet on April 9 to discuss the next steps...

Gitlab Migration

  • [INFO] We will migrate http://git-t3o.typo3.org/ from a 3rd party Docker container to a container provided by Gitlab
  • [INFO] We ran into some problems while bootstraping the new server
  • [INFO] https://forge.typo3.org/issues/84478
  • [TODO] Michael will take a look at the Chef problem (Update: this was solved later this day)

Domains

  • [INFO] We had to transfer a bunch of typo3.* domains again
  • [INFO] Transfer requests were sent directly to us which is good
  • [INFO] Process is still very cumbersome and requires a lot of time as we have to communicate and coordinate with every involved party

Upcoming General Assembly of the TYPO3 Association

  • [TODO] Michael will discuss this with Andreas as soon as he reads this. Please ping me!

Fix / bring back voting.typo3.org

  • [INFO] Stefan Busemann contacted Michael because he needs to have https://voting.typo3.org/ back.
  • [TODO] Michael is currently working on bringig it back... (Update: this was solved later this day)

User Cleanup

Various

Next meeting

  • The next meeting will take place on Thursday, April 10, 2018 17:00 CEST

End of the meeting: 17:50 CEST.