Server Team Meeting, 2018-08-14¶
Attendees: Andreas Beutel, Michael Stucki, Steffen Gebert, Stephan Großberndt
Excused: Andri Steiner, Bastian Bringenberg
Beginning of the meeting: 17:00 CEST.
Open Issues from last meetings¶
- Last meeting protocol: Meeting_2018-07-31
- Issue board: https://admin-forger.typo3.org/sprint?&boardId=CurrentTasks
- OTRS tickets: https://otrs.typo3.org/otrs/index.pl?Action=AgentTicketQueue;QueueID=21;SortBy=Age;OrderBy=Up;View=Small;Filter=All
Mailman Subscription is broken¶
- A few weeks ago, we had disabled mailing list subscription via web form. (Subscription via email to <listname>-firstname.lastname@example.org has always been working but is poorly documented.)
- After a few weeks of redirecting the subscription request to http://localhost/ (which was stupid but has been used before to block spam bots), we have now added an informal message. It can be viewed at http://lists.typo3.org/subscription-notice.html
- This is still only a poor workaround, as we need to find a replacement for typo3-announce anyway (other mailing lists will be replaced by Discourse, see https://decisions.typo3.org/t/replace-mailinglists-newsgroups-and-forum-with-discourse/190 )
- Steffen suggests to use Mailchimp for simple 1:n communication. Needs discussion with the core and security team.
- [TODO] see https://forge.typo3.org/issues/86016
- There will be a one-day sprint (remote) today in 2 weeks (Tuesday, August 28)
- see Meeting_2018-08-28
- We had a Doodle but it was not closed until now.
- [TODO] Check with everyone if the date (Sep 17-19) still works for everyone.
- [TODO] Find a location
- [TODO] Invite other people
Use mail.typo3.org for outgoing mails¶
Forge maintenance handoff¶
- Andi will talk to potential suppliers until end of this week.
- [TODO] Andi will report in #typo3-server-team.
- Some months ago we planned to remove the Piwik integration from review.typo3.org, but it failed for unknown reasons (see https://typo3.slack.com/archives/C041L7V6Q/p1525414195000100 )
- We plan to do a Gerrit cleanup before upgrading to 2.15 because more data is moved from mysql db to notes db, which makes cleanups a lot harder (everything is in Git and not in SQL anymore) Stephan is on it
- [TODO] Fix (by removing) the Piwik integration
- The next meeting will take place on Tuesday, August 28, 2018 17:00 CEST
End of the meeting: 18:00 CEST.