Server Team Meeting, 2018-08-28 (one day remote sprint)¶
Attendees: Andreas Beutel, Andri Steiner, Michael Stucki, Stephan Großberndt, Steffen Gebert
Excused: Bastian Bringenberg
Beginning of the meeting: 09:00 CEST.
Open Issues from last meetings¶
- Last meeting protocol: Meeting_2018-08-14
- Issue board: https://admin-forger.typo3.org/sprint?&boardId=CurrentTasks
- OTRS tickets: https://otrs.typo3.org/otrs/index.pl?Action=AgentTicketQueue;QueueID=21;SortBy=Age;OrderBy=Up;View=Small;Filter=All
- Full-day meeting: We're meeting online to work on @TYPO3server issues during the whole day!
- Work on Kubernetes
Recent DNS issues¶
- The issues have already been solved a few weeks back. The remaining part was to investigate the reason for the problem, and decide what to do next.
- The findings have been documented in a ticket at Forge: https://forge.typo3.org/issues/85910
- No more action is needed as of now.
- All servers in the typo3.org project will now send their mails through a central mailserver (relay host). This will fix problems with not matching reverse dns records.
- Users should not notice any difference after this change. Still, we informed users via https://twitter.com/TYPO3server/status/1034351344910573568
- For more information, see https://forge.typo3.org/issues/85501
- There are a lot of issues that need to be fixed or improved around our Redmine system at https://forge.typo3.org/.
- We are currently trying to find someone who maintains the system and is able to implement changes at our request.
- Andreas informed us about the current status of his contact. He also posted a small feedback in our Slack channel #typo3-server-team.
- We are currently waiting for feedback.
- Our main goal for today was to work with Kubernetes and gather know-how on how to run services as containers.
- We are currently using Google Cloud Engine, Terraform and kubectl to set up some example services.
- The test repository can be found at https://github.com/TYPO3-infrastructure/kubernetes-infra. If anybody is interested to join us for this project, let us know!
- The next meeting will take place on Tuesday, September 11, 2018 17:00 CEST
End of the meeting: 18:30 CEST. Some of us continued their research in the evening...