Server Team Meeting, 2018-09-25

Attendees: Andri Steiner, Michael Stucki, Stephan GroƟberndt
Excused:

Beginning of the meeting: 17:00 CEST.

Open Issues from last meetings

Remote sprint review

  • [TODO] Report still needs to be done => Michael
  • [TODO] Set up a meeting where everyone from the team takes part. We will look at the current setup with Terraform + Google Cloud + Kubernetes => Michael

Kubernetes: Next steps

  • [TODO] Plan further steps after the meeting with the rest of the team.

Status notes.typo3.org

  • [INFO] Our digital notepad at https://notes.typo3.org/ is currently crashing very often. We are aware of this situation, which usually resolves itself after just a few minutes.
  • [INFO] The software which we're using currently is etherpad-lite. The problem is explained at https://forge.typo3.org/issues/86287
  • [INFO] We made tests to fix the database during our last sprint. It turns out that this will take more than 1 day and is therefore not practical.
  • [INFO] Instead, a new service based on HackMD / CodiMD is in the works...
  • [TODO] Until this replacement is finished, a monitoring job should check the availability of our Etherpad instance and restart it if necessary. => Michael

Status forge.typo3.org

  • [INFO] The admin team has one offer for upgrade and adaptions. Discussed the offer and required refinements.
  • [TODO] See also Meeting_2018-10-09

Gerrit cleanup

  • [INFO] Stephan has cleaned up our Gerrit server: several projects which no longer use Gerrit were removed as well as all unused groups. Additionally an account was fixed.

Various

Next meeting

  • The next meeting will take place on Tuesday, October 09, 2018 17:00 CEST

End of the meeting: 17:45 CEST.