QA & Server Team Meeting, 2014-04-14¶
Attendees: Christian Trabold, Bastian Bringenberg, Andy Grundwald, Stefano Kowalke, Michael Stucki
Beginning of the meeting: 18:00 CEST.
Current status of metrics.typo3.org¶
- The metrics.typo3.org website is up and running since many months, however there were no other changes recently. We want to talk about the situation and how we can improve it from here.
- Christian: Not blaming anyone, we just need to team up and see how to move on.
- Stefano: Could not follow the development after switching to Chef for the server management.
- Andy: Agrees that the current situation needs improvement.
- Community seems to use and like the tool, but we don't have any numbers currently.
- Many existing tools around:
- Create a new platform to replace existing tools
- Create example applications (e.g. commit/review activity as seen in links above)
- Think of it as a product, not a server. Make it extendable using simple Git forks.
- Christian: Create a new greenfield project https://github.com/typo3-ci/infrastructure
This repo stores all setup information in a simple to read manner (NO Ruby and NO Chef knowledge required)
- Christian: Provide a working solution for the log & metrics ticket. We need a first impression for the tools before we can suggest them to the public.
- Michael: Organize follow-up meeting in 4 weeks from now (Doodle)
- Log-term goal: ci.typo3.org focuses more on TYPO3 internal QA (CI for chef-repo, running UAT for demo page, typo3.org website etc.). Extensions can be verified by external services like http://scrutinizer-ci.com/ ...
End of the meeting: 19:15 CEST.