Strategic Meeting Developers 20100108

Protocol of the meeting on Friday, Jan 08, 2010

Attendees

  • Oliver Hader
  • Robert Lemke
  • Benni Mack
  • Ingmar Schlecht
  • Michael Stucki

Topic List

  • Budget 2010 (Stucki)
    • All budget applications have been delivered to Adrian (TYPO3v4, TYPO3v5, Server maintenance)
  • Upcoming patchlevel versions (Stucki)
    • versions 4.2.11 & 4.3.1
    • should contain a critical security fix (as discussed)
    • clearly communicate, that it only affects installations using this component
    • deadline (planned release date): Tuesday, 12 January 2010
  • Jens (Robert)
    • Jens could now start with the TYPO3 5.0 UI project but he needs an approval by the T3A that his budget is granted before he can take that step.
    • Is the budget for Jens already approved? -> No, poll at t3a-internal (deadline: 15-01-2010)
  • Dependency Injection in TYPO3 4.4 (Benni)
    • Daniel Pötzinger is asking if he should pursue to add DI in v4.4
    • Benni wants to make sure that it's fitting to FLOW3 and Extbase. He only needs to have a look at FLOW3s annotations and naming conventions.
    • Daniel should also contact Jochen Rau for this.
    • Benni informs Daniel (deadline: 08-01-2010)
  • UXW09 migration strategy (Benni)
    • Benni coordinates the integration. The changes for 4.4 are mostly migration from UXW09.
    • Within the next weeks, many RFCs from UXW09 team members will come to the core list, please make sure to keep the discussions to a minimum
  • FLOW3 1.0.0 alpha 7 + alpha 8 (Robert)
    • Content repository will be almost done with alpha 7
    • First beta is planned for April
  • Conference App (Robert)
    • As decided at the last CoSCoB meeting Robert is currently developing a FLOW3 based conference application for T3CON10-FRA
    • The solution will be a FLOW3 / TYPO3 v4 hybrid
    • Robert is in touch with Jens / dkd to synchronize the typo3.org CSS
  • Project Mgm (Robert)
    • "Merlin" - Robert and Karsten have two licenses for evaluation
    • Could be connected to forge.
  • Extbase Extensions (Benni)
    • Jochen Rau still has some ideas on how to improve Extbase
    • The big announcement for Extbase extensions could be pushed for 4.5
    • Benni has already informed Jochen
  • ECT/Extensions/TER/PackageManager (Olly)
    • "kill" the extension coordination team (ECT) due to inactivity for many years
    • general information on how to handle extensions
      • remove extensions from TER
      • take-over extensions from inactive maintainers
    • Stucki writes a draft (deadline: Jan 15, 2010)
  • Continuous Integration/Hudson on Forge for extension (Olly)
    • Orphaned extensions (Robert summarizing result of "discussions about the topic during the last years"):
      • if no upload for longer time, automatic mail to author
      • he can respond that he still plans to maintain it
      • otherwise ownership falls to group of maintainers
    • Robert (informing/summarizing): Christopher Hlubek is going to present first milestone of new package repository (but: FLOW3 / 5.0 only!) end of January; Problems concerning current TER mainly concern user interface; revamed UI for TER will come after typo3.org relaunch
    • Continuous Integration / Hudson: It did work for FLOW3 packages, running on a punkt.de server with slave servers for different OSes. Currently not running any more.
      • would need somebody really pushing it (from v4 community)
      • should stick with Hudson, if any
    • Olly will contact Sebastian Kurfürst, Axel Jung (AOE), Oliver Klee and ask for further plans/ideas/motivation concerning continuous integration (deadline: Jan 12, 2010)
    • Example for well-working / integrated CI solution: http://ci.symfony-project.org/
  • edu.typo3.com (Olly)
    • How to involve more universities to get some more sponsorship for development?
    • How to communicate TYPO3 as a "standard" for universities, governmental organisations, etc.
    • Stucki asks Ben to discuss this within the marketing team (we think it is their task to do that) (deadline: Jan 11,2010)
  • What's the status to TYPO3.org? (Benni)
    • Kickoff Meeting at DKD on monday
  • Google Summer of Code 2009 (Stucki)
    • Stucki asks Ingo and Peter if the fax has arrived, otherwise Ingo needs to remind the US steuerbehörde (deadline: Jan 11, 2010)
    • Everyone involved sends input to Ben (deadline: Jan 15, 2010)
  • Google Summer of Code 2010 (Robert)
    • Ben does application for TYPO3 (as decided on last SC meeting)
    • Other projects have already started gathering topics for GSoC2010; we should do the same
    • Suggestion / input for Ben: Put old website online again (cleaned up, for sure)
    • Olly offers to help in going through our GSoC website
    • Deadline: Jan 31, 2010 (Ben) for our GSoC website to go live(Ingmar notifying Ben)
  • BugFixing Weekend (Zap the Gremlins) for TYPO3 4.4 (Olly)
    • weekend planned for end of March 2010 (after the T3BOARDX)
    • announce/ask for participants out of Core Team Members and Active Non-Core-Devs (deadline: Jan 15, 2010)
  • Core Team Leadership
    • Phone conference with Ingmar, Olly, Michael on Monday, Jan 11, 18.00 CET
  • Next meeting
    • Feb 12, 14.00 CET !