The Extension "feeditadvanced" provides the new Frontend Editing functionality for TYPO3 4.3 and newer. It is currently available from the TYPO3 Extension Repository (TER). Although it works with the classic templating ideas of TYPO3 ("Modern Template Building"), it also works out of the box with TemplaVoila ("Frontend Editing").
The main feature set is to add new and edit existing content elements in the Frontend of TYPO3. This is no replacement for the TYPO3 Backend, as it is solely focused on editors with only limited needs to edit pages and content in TYPO3.
- Is it working? Where can I get it?
First of all, you need at least TYPO3 4.3.0 for this extension to work. Of course, it still has bugs, see the "Known issues" at the bottom of the page.
- How can I install it?
Just grab a fresh installation of TYPO3, select the "Extension Manager" => "Import Extensions", update the extension list, and search for "feeditadvanced". Install the extension and reload the frontend pages while you're logged in in the Backend. Most of the things should work out of the box.
- When will it be stable?
We're currently aiming for releasing regularly to finally get the whole extension stable enough. As long as there are critical bugs, we don't know when it will be stable. But: We are already using it for our clients. :)
- Who is working on that?
The Frontend Editing Team which is mainly driven by some TYPO3 Core Developers and the Web Empowered Church is actively fixing bugs to provide a basis for most of the installations available.
- Does it work with my layout?
- The Drag & Drop is not always allowing to drop, not all the dropzones are showing up, thus not working correctly ATM.
- In a few installations, special characters are wrongly encoded.
- Various smaller issues when editing a record
For more open and known bugs, see "Issues" in the tab above. If you spot a new one, put it in the "Issues" list as well.
Tips and tricks¶
Notes from the Previous Development¶
Tasks defined in 2009/05¶
- Rewrite in ExtCore/ExtJS to avoid namespace conflicts (Benni Mack)
- Move editing form to iFrame to avoid Prototype collisions from TCEForms (Jeff Segars)
- Make "New Content" toolbar dynamic via TSconfig (Steffen Kamper)
- Make CSS clean and bulletproof (Benni Mack and Steffen Ritter)
- Make the interface skinnable (Steffen Ritter)
- Support TemplaVoila (Jeff Segars and Steffen Kamper)
These tasks are a little lower priority right now but if you'd like to help out with one, let us know.
- File uploads like in Filelist and using Benni's Flash uploader
- Creating new pages at specific locations in the pagetree
- Handling of records that don't appear directly on the page (ie. list view)