Project goals¶This project acts as an umbrella project to collect all Logging concerns in TYPO3. It aims to:
- streamline them into on single logging API,
- optimize/redesign the user interface of the Log module,
- create and maintain suitable documentation for the different target groups,
- cleanup logging configuration,
- support the community.
What has been done so far?¶
- New Logging API has been developed and released with TYPO3 CMS 6.0
- Documentation of the new Logging API has been written and published.
- Replace the old log functions and calls in the core with the new Logging API
- Decouple sys_log from sys_history
- Enhance the usability of the BE log module
- Provide a migration path for log records from the old sys_log.
- Provide more practical documentation,like configuration examples, best practices...
- Log Example - A demo for the Logging API
- Logging API Backport for 4.5 - 4.7
- Log Backend Module
- E-Mail LogWriter
- FirePhp LogWriter
Latest development / code in git repository¶
The Logging API is part of the TYPO3 CMS since 6.0.
You can find the code inside of
Check the wiki pages for more information: http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-logging/wiki
Updated Roadmap for Logging in 6.2 LTS
Kickoff for phase II: Road to LTS
After successfully creating and shipping a new Logging API, the next milestone for the logging project needs to be tackled. Here we go!
Next Meeting on 2012-04-04, 17:30 CET
Logging Refactoring Workshop accepted at T3DD12
Fruitful meeting of Logging project team
Today the 6th meeting of the TYPO3 Logging project was held. The aim of this project is to improve TYPO3's logging capabilities in one of the upcoming versions (4.7 or 4.8).