Release of 4.5.3 next week (15 comments)

Added by Ernesto Baschny over 10 years ago

There are many fixes already committed to the 4.5 branch of TYPO3 which haven't been released yet. 4.5.2 dates three months back. So we decided to release TYPO3 4.5.3 on:

Tuesday, 24th of May

Please take some time to checkout pending patches in our review system which you might want to get included in 4.5.3, and review them! See what was fixed since the release of 4.5.2 in our git repository.

Also check out the issue tracker. Filter by "Target Version" => "Core - 4.5.3" and you will see plenty of issues still not resolved, which you might want to try to tackle. If you see other issues not targetted for 4.5.3 which you feel important to address in our LTS release, please contact me through this typo3.projects.v4 list.

There will be a TYPO3Camp in Stuttgart during this weekend and we might have a session for bug fixing / reviewing so we might get some more things resolved during these days.

Schedule for TYPO3 v4.5.1 (9 comments)

Added by Ernesto Baschny almost 11 years ago

We decided to make a sooner release of "4.5.1" as planned (plan was 9th March). Since we have already plenty of issues fixed, we don't want to wait too much with it and share it with the public as soon as possible.

So current plan is to release:

TYPO3 v4.5.1 on 23th February

This release will contain all fixes of the most annoying issues we have encountered so far after the 4.5.0 release. You will love it!

But until then, we still need your help, mainly in reviewing and testing fixes which are already pending. So now its your chance to "do your part".

Here is a list of issues which would be good to have fixed in 4.5.1:

  • The refresh login dialog is shown even if session already timed out (#17498)
    => Pending in core (Helmut): needs one +1
  • Open forms cannot be saved after "Relogin" (Security Token errors) (#17383, #17378)
    => Helmut is working on it (17383 resolves both), depends on 17498 being resolved first
  • GifBuilder - meaningfulTempFilePrefix can cause invalid image urls (#17483)
    => Pending in core (Galinksi), needs reviews
  • pages with Enforce Protocol(SSL) generate false URL (#17118)
    => Discussion in bug tracker, solution proposed by Jigal. Needs reviews, testing and brainstorming.
  • Status "500 Internal Server Error" returned, if page is not found (#17471)
    => Needs solution
  • Fatal error in tslib_content_text (#16902)
    => Pending in core (Joey's v4): needs one +1 by testing
  • LOAD_REGISTER different behaviour since 4.5.0 (depending on ordering) (#17385)
    => Pending in bug tracker (Joey): needs RFC and more reviews
  • Content type "mailform" no longer accepts list of addresses for "Recipient List" (#17518)
    => Pending in core (Jigal): Needs one more review
  • Suggest wizard does not work with drop-down select fields (#16636)
    => Pending in core (Francois): Needs two reviews
  • javascript error after contextmenu -> delete a page (#17479)
    => Needs solution
  • Dependencies in sysext 'version' and 'workspaces' (#17355)
    => Pending in core (Olly): Needs reviews
  • Error Message while Updating 4.4.6 > 4.5 (#17244)
    => Pending in core (Olly): Needs one +1

RC2 and RC3, the last steps (7 comments)

Added by Ernesto Baschny almost 11 years ago

Earlier in the morning we released RC2 to the public. It included several fixes since Friday's RC1, but unfortunately a huge issue was introduced: No login was possible anymore. This was caused by a new performance improvement in the CSRF area.

The issue was fixed in several minutes, but we decided to wait throughout the day for other issues to be solved. One very annoying issues surrounding ExtDirect / Ajax calls, the new EM "Save Configuration" FORM costs some of our developers plenty of hair. Since the troubles are also very Browser specific (Opera, Firefox 4, Chrome 9, Safari), it was very difficult to reproduce.

At the end we included a fix to that problem.

Other than that, the Linkvalidator team worked out a nice improvement on the usability of their module (in Web>Info panel). Check it out!

Read the release notes for more information:

Now this is the final "snapshot" which we will be doing for 4.5. Later today we will be packaging 4.5.0 LTS. Finally the day has come!

Re-postponing RC1 one more (last) day (7 comments)

Added by Ernesto Baschny almost 11 years ago

Due to unexpected long sessions of reviewing of the most various kinds, the release team decided to postpone the release of RC1 to Saturday in the afternoon.

The discussions we had this night were important to allow us to decide on several matters, and several "last minute" changes were also crutial to provide the necessary stability in our API.

We already decided to drop the current Plupload integration (will be integrated together with the FAL project in 4.6) and also made some API adjustment of various kinds.

Since "RC1" doesn't mean "development snapshot" but a stable candidate that we would expect to be "as good as the final product", we hope that we get the next hours to test those changes from today even further and then achieve a real stable version. Plenty of issues were solved already since beta4, so the goal is reacheable.

The plan that follows is unchanged:

  • a potential RC2 to be released on Monday afternoon and
  • final release 4.5.0 on Wednesday 26th

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience. You can always check out our current typo3_src trunk to get the latest development.

Postponing 4.5 RC1 (3 comments)

Added by Ernesto Baschny about 11 years ago

Apart from the last outstanding bugs that have been reported we want to finish up these tasks:

  • Implement CRSF (Cross Site Request Forgery) in more places than just the install tool and user setup (tough job, will require some reviewing effort by testing): Georg Ringer, Helmut Hummel.
  • Finish up the usage of the new SwiftMailer API throughout the core in order to deprecate t3lib_htmlmail (see RFC 17065): Jigal van Hemmert, Ernesto Baschny
  • Finalize Plupload integration: Christian Müller
  • Finish up all required upgrade wizards and have them tested (i.e. workspaces)
  • Speed improvements: by loading ExtJS on all frames the current backend is slower on certain browsers. We want to try our best to get some improvements here.

If you want to help fixing the last outstanding bugs, please check out the list of pending issues for 4.5-final in our bug tracker or join the core mailing list to review some pending issue that already have proposed solutions.

See the updated Release Plan.

TYPO3 4.5beta4 was released (6 comments)

Added by Ernesto Baschny about 11 years ago

Tonight the TYPO3 community released the fourth beta version of TYPO3 4.5. This is the last snapshot of the development on the road to 4.5.0, which will be released on January 26th, 2011.

Development progress

The release plan for 4.5, the schedule and the planned projects are detailed in the project wiki on forge.

For details about this particular release and the current progress, please read up on:


We also have an introductionpackage for beta4, which allows testing the new features right away on a fresh installation. Experienced users can of course opt to upgrade an existing installation to the new 4.5.0beta4 version, but keeping in mind that this is still a work in progress, and more changes and fixes will be included in further releases.

You can download the Beta packages from:

MD5 checksums:

bea80caeff5c03ad8e731b1801d2220c dummy-4.5.0beta4.tar.gz
c17adbeef5d43302417ddc612d04967e typo3_src-4.5.0beta4.tar.gz
75bb2de71bfbee876183032c95a8c1e7 introductionpackage-4.5.0beta4.tar.gz

4.5beta4 will be released on Wednesday instead of RC1 (7 comments)

Added by Ernesto Baschny about 11 years ago

The original plan was to release 4.5 RC1 this week, potentially a RC2 in the week to follow and 4.5.0 on 26th January.

In the development of all new features we have seen a leap forward in reaching a stable product since beta1. The goal is to release a very stable 4.5.0 at the end. The list of open issues is continually decreasing, but we will still have some known open issues this Wednesday, which is why we cannot call this release a "release candidate".

The change means that the release plan is now the following:

  • 4.5 beta4: 12.01.2011
  • 4.5 RC1: 19.01.2011
  • 4.5.0 Final: 26.01.2011

Beta4 will also finally mark the end of the work done on the labels, so that the translations can be done after the translation server upgraded to beta4. Regardless of that, the German and Dutch translations are almost done, and the French and other important languages will follow shortly afterwards. Work on translations can continue even after the release, as the translations are not shipped with the core but fetched from the translation server on demand.

We invite you to participate on these last steps. There is a rewarding feeling of making this long term support release the best release ever. Having participated in getting it done will definitively make you feel good.

If that is not enough, we also still have some money to get some payed man-power working on certain critical areas. If you have time, but need money and have an "itch" that is scratching in the current 4.5 development, get in touch with the release team (Ernesto or Steffen) to help finding a solution (be it testing, reviewing or fixing bugs).

Read more about the our last release team meeting in the Minutes 26th Meeting 2011-01-10.

Happy New Year and first meeting of the year (6 comments)

Added by Ernesto Baschny about 11 years ago

Happy New Year everybody! Today we hold our first meeting of the Year regarding the 4.5 release. We are heading into the last few weeks until the 4.5.0 release.

Here are the minutes of our discussion:

Please consider helping out on that last sprint to make 4.5 the best release ever, by:

  • testing beta3 or current trunk
  • reporting bugs or annoyances (via
  • reviewing pending issues in the core list



Also available in: Atom