11th Release Team Meeting TYPO3 4.7¶
The 4.7 release team meets weekly for a Skype discussion round on the current activities.
If you find this report interesting or have some comment or question about a particular topic, don't hesitate to follow-up on the thread in the v4 mailing list.
On Monday, February 6th 2012 we held our 11th meeting with the following participants:
- Steffen Ritter (4.7 Release Manager)
- Xavier Perseguers (4.6 Release Manager)
- Oliver Hader (Core Team Leader)
Critisism on Leadership, Product-Management and Project-Management¶
In an posting to the v4 Minutes of last week Jigal addressed and explained that he is not satisfied with the current solution1, and how things have been handled during the last year. We discussed most of the issues mentioned in the post, reviewed and revised them to give our statement on them.
The conclusion will be published as a more detailed reply to that thread by Oliver Hader.
Open Issues, Problems to be tackled, "Remaining BLE stuff"¶
- FAL was not merged, yet.
It always has been kept in private as it should have been released when it is done done to not block further development which would have to go through Gerrit. This behaviour as of today is cut off! Olly will take care of pushing the current state to Gerrit immediately. The reason of keeping things "private" is, that a team currently is working on an external project, with requirements currently not able to completely fulfill with the FAL layer. Dealing with that, we agreed that new Hooks or Signal/Slot as well internal refactoring are allowed within FAL even after feature freeze, as long as the Public API does not break.
the remaining Problems will be reported on Gerrit and can be worked on by everyone
- Upgrade Wizards not completely tested, quite difficult
- Image-Rendering currently in some parts is ugly
- stdWrap behaviour changed in uploads element (file-data instead of cObj-Data) and needs to be checked
- FAL was not merged, yet.
- is a standalone product, and therefore not touched by the feature-freeze
- the endpoint needed for that application will be shipped as extension to TER
- many stuff has been developed for core (in terms of cleanup) in scope of this developement. These developments neither are part of the project nor as reliable as they could go to core right now
- we have to think for a place on typo3.org how to announce and promote this additional tool for admins
- has been planned as "DAM 2.0", FAL based
- the main feature of current DAM already got to FAL (like references to File, Meta-Data, File-Type detection and so on)
- Media "only" added
- scheduled indexing
- end-point for registering meta-data extraction services
- many detailed additional meta-data fields
- categorizing of files
- An module for creation of file collections from categories or static files
- with ExtJS 4 revert the User Interface broke
- collections by category cannot be created anymore
- Indexing Module never seemed to work correctly
- will not be part of the Core, but TER released, somehow "A-Class"
- needs very much TLC (tender loving care) and people who want to finish that one until final release
- Old behaviour of Media-Element
It has been reported, that the old behaviour of using external flash-videos does not work with refactored media element. We have to deal with that. Steffen Ritter will check this out before Beta1.
Introduction Package / Government Package¶
The Introduction Package and the Government Package should represent the current featureset and "best practices" of the version it is build for.
With 4.7 there will be many new stuff - the packages have to be adapted.
To have some time for that a merge freeze already has been announced to happen one day prior to the Beta1 release, to have time to adapt the packages.
Oliver Hader will take of adapting the scripts so that the changes there are reflected.
Steffen Ritter will start on upgrading the packages within master branch.
Especially the following topics are on the agenda:
- database upgrades like e.g. for file abstraction layer
- HTML5 video integration examples
- use "new" indexed search