TYPO3 47 alpha1 » History » Version 11
TYPO3 4.7 alpha1¶
Released November, 29th 2011
Upgrading and compatibility¶
This first alpha release of TYPO3 4.7 shows a snapshot of the current development on the road to the final version. TYPO3 4.7.0 will be released on April 24th 2012. This very release is focused on removing deprecated functionality from the core and a highly improved frontend rendering concerning web accessibility.
To upgrade an existing installation to 4.6.0alpha1, please consider the following steps:
- Open the Install Tool:
- Use the "Database COMPARE" section and apply all database schema changes.
- Use the "Update Wizard" to upgrade the compatibility version to 4.7.
Try out the Introduction Package which provides a very easy way to get the first contact with TYPO3 - there are various examples integrated to show how particular features work in TYPO3.
Besides the regular Introduction Package TYPO3 4.7 comes with the brand new Government Package which is intended to be a show-off of web accessible standard and thus being useful for a disposal in governmental environments.
What happened so far¶
- Many unused and deprecated files and functions have been removed in
Please have these breaking changes in mind while upgrading
- indexed_search has now an extensions available which uses MySQL fulltext feature
If you want to use and try this feature, install the additional indexed_search_mysql extensions
- ADOdb library has been upgraded to version 5.14
- Icons for the filelist conent element in frontend are configurable
currently there is no documentation available, which will be improved soon
- The caching framework now uses a compressed database backend by default for pages and page_sections
If you have less CPU power but more database space, you might are free to revert back to use the uncompressed version again
- A new set of interfaces called "collection interfaces" has been introduced
These interfaces define an generic and common API how to deal with common data sets in TYPO3.
A new Clipboard will be based on this, as well as the possiblity to arrange TCA records or files in a collection.
Furthermore, the file abstraction layer (FAL) will use them to visualize generic folders.
- Frontend-Accessibility features have been integrated
The rendering of CSS Styles Content has been overworked to generate valid output for the available document types.
Especially for HTML5 rendering, CSS Styled Content has been overworked completely, to use the new possiblities, being as semantic as possible and reduce the amount of superfluous markup.
Furthermore no inline CSS is generated anymore.
See a detailed list of all issues that have been solved for this topic: http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-accessibility/issues?query_id=274
Many projects are targeted for TYPO3 4.7 and will be included in the Core with the next releases until the feature-freeze deadline which will occur on 3th February 2012. Further details you may see at http://news.typo3.org/news/article/typo3-47-with-standards-and-accessibility-to-a-new-decade
The Alpha2 release willl concentrate on ExtJS 4 upgrade and Backend Cleanup...
It seems to be the right time for you to give us a help by:
- Joining our teams,
- Reviewing issues that are already pending on the core list,
- Supply patches for new features or bug fixes,
- Participate in discussions on the typo3.projects.v4 list around new features and concepts.